Get Whitt it!
If you call one wolf, you invite the pack.
Communication...a great example...
I had a GREAT example of that this week! A teacher was explaining that during her conference with parents, she doesn't just ask her parents to have students read for thirty minutes, she talks them through the research that says in order to maintain their current reading level they are supposed to read for 60 minutes each day...and in order to increase a level, they should be reading for 90 minutes each day. She covers their 60 minutes in class each day but needs the parents to help with that last 30 because the goal is to GROW their child one full year.
When presented that way, see how much more of an impact that statement can make vs have your child read for 30 minutes a night? I was impressed, :)
Data is flowing!
RTIs in PLC
Tech integration idea!
- Go to: http://dmarie.com/timecap/
- Enter your birthday (or any date).
- Click the Quick Page* button.
- This will return a page with headlines, songs, prices, and other information for that day, week, or year.
* If you click the Advanced Page button, a wizard will allow you to choose specific events for the selected date. You can edit the information or even add your own!
What could Wolves do?
- find out what happened the day they were born.
- chart the price of bread over a given period of time
- compare prices from the day they were born to prices from the day the teacher (or a parent) was born.
- do some research about someone who shares their birthday
- use the information in an “All About Me” presentation or an autobiography.
- print and use as a gift for someone’s birthday or anniversary.
Readworthy for the week
"College and Career Day for Elementary Students- FREE Printables" Worth a read! http://thenewprincipalprinciples.blogspot.com/2016/10/college-and-career-day-for-elementary.html …
11 Reasons Educators Should Empower Students http://buff.ly/2dHBXUS
Why Confusion Leads to Increased Engagement http://buff.ly/2e1lckq
Oct 18- AT out, IF
Oct 19- Unity Day- wear orange!, AT out 11:30-1, staff meeting
Oct 20- Stu Celebrations- have you OVER COMMUNICATED!?
Oct. 21- LOTS of people out this day for CPI training...should be fun!
Oct.22- Sachse Chamber Fall fest, if you need a fun fall festival!
Oct. 24- Food drive kick off, Red Ribbon Week
Oct. 27- Boo on Ballard tonight! parent focus
Oct. 28- WWE, Halloween parties, FALL FEST FRENZY