Davies Dragon Pride Newsletter
Students of the Month
Thank you to the Hamilton Township PTA for supporting the 2017 Field Day. The kids had a blast! Photo credits: Mr. Santilli, Mrs. Mattina, Mrs. Steinen
Photo credits: Ms. Kelli Costello, Parent Nicole Mlynarczyk, SRAO Art Faden, and Mrs. Beth Steinen
Band and Choir Highlights
- The Band & Choir performed at the NJMEA state music festivals held at Rowan University in the Spring of 2017. Each group received SUPERIOR ratings!
- Our Swing Kids Jazz Band performed at the Mainland Jazz Festival in April 2017 receiving a Silver Medal Award.
- Ten soloists performed at the Atlantic County Teen Arts Festival on May 24, 2017, in Hammonton.
- The 8th Grade Graduation Choir performed at the 8th Grade Graduation Exercises in June 2017.
The following students were honored at the May 23rd Board of Education Meeting for earning membership in the region choral and band ensembles:
- Emma McErlain, Jonah Telesca, Evelyn Husta, and Billy Willman who performed in January as members of the 2017 South Jersey Jr High Honors Chorus.
- Rachel Bustard, Grant Johnson, Justin Haye, Nathan Mangold, Samantha Kye, and Alexi Phommathep who performed with the All South Jersey Jr High Honors Concert Band in March 2017.
- Ella Wardell, Lauren Waldron, Angelica Bonilla, Katelyn Kusnirik, and Griffin Ross who performed as members of the 2017 Elementary Honors Festival Chorus in March.
- NaaKwama Ankrah, Madison Ventura, Yvonne Buason, Tiffany Higganbotham, Kate McAvaddy, James Guido, Michelle Esochaghi, Winter Jones, and Pharah Clark who performed as members of the 2017 Elementary Honors Concert Band.
Congratulations to the new officers of Student Council!
President: Peter Parlagreco
Vice-President: Sara Duran
Secretary: Hannah Derringer
Treasurer: Katelin Kusnirik
"Youth In Government" Day
Students Amaziah Bradshaw and Natalie Napoli with the Hamilton Township Police Department.
Congratulations to 7th grader Tess Petrongolo for winning the Atlanticare Healthy Schools "Hydration" poster contest!
School Spirit Challenge
Congratulations to Vanessa Lee, Andrew Matchett, and Nathan Ranger
who won the Cape Atlantic Conservation District's Healthy Soils Poster Contest.
NJHS Pop Tab Collection
Click on the links and print out the documents. Please use Summer to get everything done, and you will be ready to play in the Fall!
Health and Wellness
Free Things Middle School Kids Can Do This Summer
2. Volunteer: read to the elderly, clean up at the animal shelters, clean the beach, collect old toys from your neighborhood to donate
3. Learn an instrument
4. Form a band
5. Join local theatre: act, or be part of the crew
6. Train for a 5k, or longer!
7. Weight train (come back STRONG in the fall)
8. Write a book
9. Write music
10. Watch all of the old Hitchcock movies
11. Paint, sew, draw, build
12. Sell your crafts on Etsy
13. Make treats and bring them to the local police station or firehouse
14. Grow a garden
17. Listen to an audiobook.
18. Go roller skating
19. Get First Aid certified
20. Perfect your freestyle stroke
Healthy Tips for Healthy Living
2. Wear sunblock (at least 30 spf) every time you go outside for longer than 15 minutes, and reapply at least every 2 hours.
3. Drink plenty of water (half of your body weight in ounces).
4. Always swim with a friend.
5. Get enough sleep, about 8 hours each night.
6. Socialize in person.
7. Enjoy your summertime treats, but in moderation.