What are GMOs
Benefits of GMOs
- Provides crops resistance to most things that will harm them.
- Greater crop production & end to starvation
- Better nutritional value
- Can last longer on the shelves of stores
- Less pesticides and herbicides have to be used on crops
This means that it easier to produce leading to less starvation and horrible chemicals in the product. It will even give more nutrients and vitamins leading to a healthy life stile. It basically exports more healthy products.
Downsides of GMOs
- Some question the safety of consuming them as their are few tests on GMOs
- Cross pollination could create super weeds and hard to kill insects
- Problems, like cross pollination, can cause great financial losses
GMOs cause farming problems making harder to kill pests. These problems cost large sums of money and the cost for research on GMOs is great as well. Many people are concerned due to the fact that it is unknown how safe GMOs are.
Web. 10 Mar. 2015. <https://classes.soe.ucsc.edu/cmpe080e/Spring05/
projects/gmo/index.htm>. This website is relevant as it talks of the
pros & cons of GMOs. It has a good point of view since it has multiple
people that worked on it. It also has authority being published by a
Kantor, Keith, ed. "GMO’s – Pros and Cons." blueribbonfoods. N.p., n.d. Web. 10
Mar. 2015. <http://www.blueribbonfoods.com/my_health_info/
GMOs_-_pros_and_cons.pdf>. It is relevant to the topic of GMOs. The
author is a doctor so it has authority.