Sept. 13th - Sept. 18th
Masks Are Now Required At Jefferson HS
REMEMBER TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL EVERY DAY!
Lights, Camera, ACTION! Jefferson Student Council proudly presents "A Hollywood Homecoming" for our Homecoming theme this year. We are excited to offer a variety of activities this year, including our annual dress up days and Homecoming dance. Please view the attached picture for more information.
Some important dates to be aware of for Homecoming week:
- Monday September 20th - Homecoming Court announced
- Wednesday September 22nd - Homecoming Parade
- Friday September 24th - Homecoming Game vs Linn-Mar (King and Queen crowned)
- Saturday September 25th - Homecoming Dance 7-10pm
If you have any questions, please see Mr. Dixon, Mr. O'Connor or any Student Council member. Thanks, and see you all on the red carpet!
Tips For The 4th Week of School - Monday is an A day
Class Begins At 7:50 AM - Doors lock at this time and students must enter through the main entrance, under the Skywalk.
Monday is an A day
We now have lanyards and sleeves for any student that needs one. All students should have their IDs with them at all times!!
Fall MAP testing will be the Week of September 20th
Calling To Have Your Student Leave Early
AP Testing Deadline
Looking For J-Hawk Leaders
Get a J-Hawk Logo Painted On Your Driveway!
Please Notice and Observe the New Stop Signs at the Main Entrance Under the Skywalk
Attendance Reminders For Parents and Students
- Remember to call in (319-558-2341) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) your students absences to us.
- Attendance can be excused days/weeks ahead of time.
- If a student is leaving school during the day, please be sure to excuse him or her with adequate time to get a hall pass.
- Students are not allowed to leave class without a pass.
- Please do not stop in during class time to retrieve items from a student.
iCAN Sophomore College Night
Sophomores: Class of 2024 Night, Tuesday, Sept. 21 at 5:30 p.m.
Iowa College Access Network (ICAN)
- Join ICAN and a panel of college representatives, school counselors, and current college students for an interactive discussion specific to the sophomore year of high school. Experts will provide advice and success tips for navigating sophomore year and beyond.
- Register: https://zoom.us/.../8916221417661/WN_NatJgz-TTV6cC398tyfcRQ
21-22 Statesman Yearbook Available For Purchase
Be Sure To Get Your Jefferson Athletic Passes!
Jefferson athletic passes are now being sold online through Hometown Ticketing. You can now purchase your year long athletic pass for $225 and/or a 10-scan pass for $40.
Jefferson All-Season Pass purchase will receive 4 admissions per athletic event hosted at Jefferson High School during the 2021-2022 school year. This will include an Activities Sticker for any high school aged student (4 scans PLUS student activities pass). These passes are good at any event hosted at Jefferson HS at which gate admission is collected.
They are NOT good at Kingston Stadium for sophomore and varsity football games. Discounted Kingston punch passes can be purchased separately at the Jefferson Activities Office (contact Jackie Simoens at 558-2148 for more information).
The 10-scan pass will allow admission to any home Jefferson event (non-S/V football at Kingston) and can be used 10 times. This is a $10 savings off of "pay at the door" admission prices.
To purchase passes, click here.
- There are a few lockers still available for freshman. If you did not get a locker or do not know if you were assigned a locker and are wanting one, please stop in the attendance office and we will be glad to assist you.
- Grades 10-12 - If you have requested a locker and do not know if the request has been filled or did not receive an email telling you your locker information, please stop in the attendance office and we will be glad to assist you.
'21-'22 Parent Approved Release Time (PART)
11th & 12th graders have Open Campus, which means that in addition to being able to leave campus for lunch, they may also be off campus whenever they do not have a class. This also means that they may not hang out on campus if they do not have a class. If a parent/guardian does not want their Junior or Senior to be able to leave campus in the aforementioned manner, they need to contact their child’s counselor.
10th graders may leave campus during lunch. However, if they do not have a class during the first or last block of the day then they may come to school later or leave earlier.
9th graders may NOT leave campus during lunch. However, if they do not have a class during the first or last block of the day then they may come to school later or leave earlier. Please follow the link to complete the Parent Approved Release Time Form.
Cell Phones, Distractions, and The Classroom
Such items should be left at home or kept on silent and carried out of sight. Teachers may expect students to keep all phones in a central location if phones become an issue. No other items are stolen with such frequency as cell phones. Jefferson High School assumes no responsibility if these items are lost, stolen, or damaged while on our campus.
This written declaration serves as the ONLY warning needed in order to follow through with appropriate sanctions for students being distracted from learning by their cell phones. We appreciate support from parents in helping students learn reasonable use of cell phones during the school day.
There will be instances when students will need to use cell phones as part of the class. Teachers will inform students when there is a need.
Help Yearbook With Your Summer Photos
West Side Pantry
New this year- Ms. MacTaggart will send a confirmation email to you Tuesday morning, YOU WILL NEED TO REPLY to that email to confirm your food order no later than 10am Wednesday. If she does not receive a confirmation from you, you will NOT be issued a pickup number and your order will not be processed.
Interested in Boys Swimming?
Help Recovering Your School Account
Password Reset - Contact CRCSD Technology Help Desk - 558-2900
Important Numbers If You Are In Need of Assistance
Jefferson Main Office: (319) 558-2435
Mr. Mike Hawley, Principal
Ms. Lorie Bateman, Associate Principal
Mr. Chris Deam, Athletic Director
Mr. Chad Szabo, Associate Principal
Mr. Mike Panoch, Facilitator
Mr. Charlie Goetzinger, Athletic Facilitator
Lois Bassett, Main Office
Lori Gunn, Main Office
Nancy Coffman, Attendance Office (319) 558-2341
Kali Bena, Attendance Office (319) 558-2341
Carrie Deam, Clinic (319) 558-2221
Jackie Simoens, Athletics (319) 558-2148
Debra Floyd, Bookkeeping (319) 558-2743
Student Services: (319) 558-2441
Brenda Morillo, Counseling Secretary
Nancy Priebe, Special Ed. Compliance Secretary
Kim Abram, Counselor (Freshmen)
Jason Edwards, Counselor (10-12 Students with Last Names A-HA)
Jamie Cummins, Counselor (10-12 Students with Last Names Hb-Pa)
Judy McIntosh, Counselor (10-12 Students with Last Names Pb-Z)
Toni Delagardelle, Nurse (319) 558-2221
Robert Akers, Technology
Kevin Darrow, PACT
Rebecca Egli, Transition Specialist