Evergreen Middle School - February 26, 2021
Message from Mr. Syron:
Upon further analysis of our initial scheduling plans, we are making a change to our A and B groups for March 1st. We believe this new schedule will provide consistency for our families with siblings at our high schools in addition to our students here at Evergreen. It will also allow for smaller, more balanced class sizes in order to better accommodate social distancing and COVID protocols. Lastly, this change will allow students to only add one day per week to their current schedule, rather than some having to switch days around for your schedule. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to create the best schedule possible for our families.
Here is the updated in-person schedule:
Orange Group- Monday & Thursday (Students with the last name A-E & L-P)
These were our A and C groups.
Black Group- Tuesday & Friday (Students with the last name F-K & Q-Z)
These were our B and D groups.
Attention 8th graders interested in the STEM Academy!!
The Spokane Valley Tech (SVT) Skill Center, located at 115 S. University Road, is excited to announce its summer course offerings. For more information, visit our website at www.spokanevalleytech.org
SVT summer courses are open to all students who are currently 8th-11th graders.
Summer courses will run from 8:00-2:30, June 22-July 9 (no class on July 5th).
Students earn .5 CTE credit upon completion. All courses are completely free!
· Introduction to Fire Science
· Introduction to Engineering
· Pre-Med / Students of Medicine (in partnership with the WSU Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine)
· Introduction to Manufacturing
· Introduction to Computer Science
To enroll, students should complete the Summer 2021 SVT Skill Center Enrollment Request form: https://forms.gle/wPQQMGFXoZpm1gLdA
Questions? Please feel free to contact me at (509) 558-6507 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal, STEM Academy at SVT
Director, Spokane Valley Tech Skill Center
Spokane Area Schools Fundraiser!
The need is more urgent than ever.
Children in the Spokane area are still experiencing hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Each year, InvestED partners with generous donors and educators in the Spokane area to help local schools remove some of the financial barriers to student achievement.
This year, our campaign runs through March 5th! Every gift to this campaign – no matter the size – will make a big difference in the lives of local kids who are still dealing with circumstances beyond their control.
Thanks to our SIGNATURE Sponsor, the Thompson Family Foundation, all gifts of $250 or more, directed toward InvestED or a specific school, will be matched up to a total of $10,000.
BIG IMPACTS, LITTLE COST, NO RED TAPE
- InvestED is a statewide education nonprofit that helps bridge the gap between what low-income families can afford, what public schools can support and what students urgently need.
- Our proven model is simple but powerful. We partner with local educators and trust them to make the decisions about how our funds are used to best support students.
- Whenever our partners see a student in need, they are able to intervene immediately and discretely remove the barrier(s) preventing that child from fully engaging in school.
- Across Washington State, this unique partnership provides middle and high schools with urgent additional resources to ensure that more students can “Get to School, Engage in School, and Graduate”.
CLICK ON THE ORANGE BAR BELOW TO DONATE!
Contacts at Evergreen Middle School
- Main Office: 558.3700
- Attendance line: 558.3706 (or email Marci Highley at email@example.com)
- Mike Syron, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3717
- Rachael Crooks, Covid Supervisor/Dean of Students: email@example.com | 558.3714
- Natalie Nootenboom, 6th/8th grade Counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3710
- Anna Comella, 7th grade Counselor: email@example.com | 558.3711
- CVSD Help Desk: 509.558.5457
- Heather Crooks, ASB/Head Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3701
- Jessica Trejbal, Registrar: email@example.com | 558.3702
14221 E. 16th Ave. Spokane Valley, WA 99037