March 18, 2022
In this Issue:
- A Message from Marcie
- Sick Day Guidelines
- IAR Testing Schedule
- Caruso Parent Information Night
- Save the Date - Grades 3-5 Art Show
- Purchase a Yearbook! Deadline is extended to, April 1!
- Interested in learning about or joining the DPS109 Caucus?
- Thank you for supporting the drive for Ukraine refugees
- Marla's Lunch - ordering available now through June
- Fun Lunch Volunteering - schedule posted through June
A Message from Marcie
Happy Friday, South Park!
Please take a moment to read through the recent email sent by Mr. Simeck regarding an update on COVID mitigations and procedures.
Have a wonderful spring break! We look forward to seeing your children back at school on Monday, March 28th!
Sick Day Guidelines: Making the right choice!
- Have a fever of 100.4 (oral) degrees or higher
- Have abdominal cramps and or vomiting
- Have a sore throat with or without fever
- Have a persistent cough (dry or productive)
- Have diarrhea (three or more episodes in 24 hrs)
- Have a rash or open and draining sores
- Have symptoms that prevent him or her from participating in school such as excessive tiredness or lack of appetite, or head/body aches
If your child has recently been ill, please be aware of the following guidelines before having your child return to school, athletic or social activities:
- Be free of fever for at least 24 hours (without medication)
- Be free of vomiting and or diarrhea for at least 24 hours.
- For strep throat, they must be on the appropriate antibiotic for at least 12 hours.
- For conjunctivitis, they must be on the appropriate eye drops for at least 24 hours or cleared by a physician.
- Rash illnesses should be assessed by a doctor before returning to school.
Please notify the school if your child has been diagnosed with an infectious condition such as strep throat, chicken pox, scarlet fever, pertussis, head lice, etc.
Thank you for your cooperation.
IAR Testing is Coming April 4-April 8
3rd Grade Music Concert - RESCHEDULED - Wednesday, April 6th at 5:30 p.m.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to reschedule this week's 3rd Grade Music Concert. The 3rd Grade Music Concert will now be held on Wednesday, April 6th at 5:30 p.m. with a call time of 5:15 p.m.
We also plan to hold a daytime performance for the school that will serve as a dress rehearsal for our 3rd graders on Wednesday, March 30th at 1:50 p.m. We will attempt to share that link with all of the families that day. In addition, a Livestream link will be provided to families closer to the date of the April 6th evening performance for family members unable to attend in person. Recordings of the rehearsal and performance will also be shared.
Caruso Parent Information Night
Hello Future Blue Jay Families!
As we head into the final months of this school year we wish you the best and look forward to welcoming our incoming 6th grade class. Behind the scenes, we are hard at work helping prepare for a smooth transition from 5th grade to middle school, and we wanted to invite you to an opportunity to learn more about Caruso! We will be holding an optional incoming Blue Jay night for parents only on Thursday, April 7th from 6-7pm in the Caruso Cafeteria. If you are unable to attend, the presentation will be sent out.
Thank you in advance for your patience as we plan. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions following our informational night once all resources have been shared.
Tim Brodeur, Principal
April 6 - RESCHEDULED 3rd Grade Music Concert @ 5:30 pm
April 27 - Grades 3-5 Art Night from 5:15-6:15 pm
April 27 - 4th Grade Music Concert @ 6:30 pm
May 4 - Kindergarten and PreK Music Concert @ 6:30 pm
May 17 - Kindergarten Round Up
May 27 - Field Day
June 1 - 5th Grade Picnic
June 2 - 5th Grade Variety Show
LOOKING TO OPT OUT OF NEXT WEEK'S SHIELD TESTING?
This opt-out will be for testing on Thursday, March 3/31.
Fill out this Google Form prior to 7 AM on THURSDAY, 3/31.
*Please note that if you have consented but want to opt out of a week, you must fill out the form every week.