Monday, October 21, 2019
High Reliablity Schools Survey
Cabot Middle School South is working with the Division of Elementary & Secondary Education to implement a framework developed by Marzano Research called High Reliability Schools. As part of this process we are collecting feedback from parents, students, and staff through an online survey administered by the Hanover Research firm. Survey responses will be anonymous and data will only be reported as a group.
The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete. Your input is greatly appreciated! To access the survey, click on the link: https://bit.ly/2pqsfyn
Pink Out and Hat Day
Yearbooks On Sale!
R.E.A.L. Panthers of the Week
5-1 Team Pride: Zoe S
5-2 Team Storm: Parker S
5-3 Team Shine: Dustin S
5-4 Team Wise: Pierce R
5-5 Team Arctic: Selena F
6-1 Team Unstoppable: Kenzie B
6-2 Team All Stars: Hailey H
6-3 Team Stars: Logan J
6-4 Team Force: Kaeden H
6-5 Team Fierce: Hayden B
Essentials: Izzie D
Box Tops for Education
Box Tops for Education is still going strong and each box top counts as cash for CMSS! Since 1996, General Mills has donated over $913 million to schools just like CMSS.
You can continue to send in your Box Tops with your student OR you can download the Box Top App and choose CMSS at your school. Then, simply scan your grocery receipt and CMSS will be credited for each eligible item you purchased.
Car Rider Procedures
Avoid dropping off/picking up your student in the parking lots. This creates traffic that could result in an injury to our students and staff. Parking lots are reserved for those parking and entering the building.
Morning Drop Off
- Drop off is 1 lane. Use the lane closest to the building.
- Please pull as far forward as possible when dropping off your student. This allows more students to exit the cars and speeds up the drop off line.
- Students will enter the building through the front doors.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Pick up is 2 lanes after entering the CMSS driveway. Cars must use the "Merge" lane to create 1 lane of traffic heading toward Kerr Station Road. Panther Trail is a city street and must remain open for through traffic.
- Present your placard to the caller as you approach the beginning of the car line.
- Students will listen for their name and go to the number called with their name.
- Cars will pull up to the number called. (#1 is near the 6th grade hall/closest to the Kerr Station exit/#10 is near the 5th grade hall/closest to the caller).
- Students will wait until the vehicle comes to a complete stop to load their car.
Lunch prices will remain the same as last year:
- Elementary lunch: $2.40
- Secondary lunch $2.60
- Reduced lunch $0.40
If you are a family that is facing financial hardships, the most important thing you can do is to let us know. There is no deadline to apply for free and reduced meals. We will be more than happy to help you fill out the paperwork or apply online. If you don’t qualify for that program, they are still willing and able to provide assistance as needed. For any questions, please contact the Food Service Director, Erin Wilkes at 501-843-3363.
Cabot Middle School South