News and Upcoming Events September 2016
Welcome Back to School! Join us for the annual Ice Cream Social and Cake Walk Wednesday 9/28/16!
Ice Cream Social and Cake Walk Competition
Wednesday, Sep. 28th, 6-8pm
North Brookfield Elementary, 10 New School Drive, North Brookfield, MA, United States
New to the school? The cake walk is an annual event and one of the PTO's best fundraisers. We are very grateful for parent participation - we wouldn't have been able to continue it for this long without it!
- ALL baking abilities are welcome - you never know what the MYSTERY Guest Judge will like!
Tickets will be sold for fifty cents a piece to students the morning of 9/28 and they will put their tickets in for a chance to win their favorite baked good. Tickets will also be sold from 6:00-7:30 PM on 9/28. Winners will be pulled soon after.
If you'd like to make a cake or baked good, please package it in a throw away container or one you're not worried about getting back with a clear covering of some sort so we can see what you brought. It helps if you put your name on it and what the baked good is just in case of allergy or personal preference.
Baked goods should be dropped off 9/28 between 7:30 and 8:30 AM. A member of the PTO will be in the main hallway outside of the NBES cafeteria. NBPTO supports both schools so please spread the word that everyone in NB Schools and their parent/guardian are welcome!
- There will also be a huge selection of local groups with tables set upfor easy sign-ups and registration.... Boy Scouts, Girls Scouts, Dance, America's Best Defense, and many more!
- Scholastic Book Fair Family Night will be located in the Bell Area, please make your way down and take a look! The bookfair will run from Monday 9/29 through Thursday 9/29.
- Keep an eye out for your child's teacher, word has it quite a few of them will be there to walk around and have a snack with the kids!
Welcome New NBES Principal - Mr. Eric Glazier
Mr. Glazier was principal of the Heath Elementary School for five years after being the principal of the Pearl Rhodes School in Leyden. Prior to that, he taught middle school History for nearly a decade in Orange. Principal Glazier is actively managing North Brookfield Elementary School's Facebook page and has been keeping famies updated. Welcome aboard Mr. Glazier!
Welcome and Thank You!
- Special welcome to our new parents, our returning parents and our dedicated staff who come together in the PTO to help enrich the educational experiences of the NB students!
- Thank You to Mrs. Hicks for all that she has done! Mrs. Hicks officially retired this month. She has made a positive difference in the lives of countless children!
- Thank You to local business DL & Sons Restaurant Equipment for sponsoring the PTO Cake walk this year and are donating a prize to the family with the winning baked good! http://www.dlrestaurantequipment.com/ https://www.facebook.com/DLRestaurantEquipment
Katie Griffin, President
Favorite PTO event: The Holiday Fair
Favorite Color: Green
Favorite Time of Year: Fall
Katie Byszek, Vice President
Amanda Chapin, Secretary
"I haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up but in the mean time I work as a city mail carrier in Worcester. My major accomplishments include holding my breath for 60 seconds and reciting The Lion King and The Little Mermaid verbatim."
Keep an eye out for future newsletters featuring some of our new staff and student video blog reporters!
Collect Boxtops! NB Schools earned over $1600 last school year in cash!
Have a smart phone? Buy groceries? Download the FREE shoparoo app to help our schools!
Consider supporting North Brookfield PTO through AmazonSmile!
- Ice Cream Social
- Scarecrow and Pie Contest
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Holiday Fair
- Halloween Event
- Library Volunteers
- Classroom Volunteers
- Veteran's Event
- And More!
Open to suggestions and new ideas - please join us the second Wednesday of each month for our meeting or email NB PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to volunteer within the school community!