Volume 17 Issue 27 - Friday, March 4, 2022
Important Dates Coming Up
- Saturday-Sunday, March 5-6 - HSE District Art Show at FHS. Come see SCE's artists' work
- Tuesday-Wednesday, March 8-9 - Third Grade IREAD testing - Bring iPads Fully Charged!
- Friday, March 11 - End of Third Grading Period
- Friday, March 11 - Yearbook Order Deadline. See Button Link below
- Tuesday, March 22 - Spring Pictures - Order forms coming home soon.
- Friday, March 25 - Beach Bash from 5:30-730PM
- Tuesday - Wednesday, March 22-23 - Forbes and Wellman to Conner Prairie
- Thursday - Friday, March 24-25 - Meihofer and Sanders to Conner Prairie
- Tuesday - Wednesday, March 29 - 30 - Brownell to Connor Prairie
- Monday, March 28 - SCE Agriculture Day
- Thursday, April 14 - Kindergarten Open House at SCE, 5-7PM
Third Graders - Please be sure your iPads are fully charged for IREAD testing on Tuesday and Wednesday! We do not have many spare iPads.
We made our goal of $2000!
A big shout out to Jennifer Jacks for heading Spirit Week up this week with the building.
Ask your child what our final amount was as of Friday afternoon at the end of Red Riley Day! We will tweet out our grand total on Monday!
Fundraising for Riley Children's Foundation
New PTO Board 2022-2023: Attention K-3 Parents
We are seeking parents of K-3 families to join the Board. We are looking for the following positions:
- Co-Vice President
- Member at Large
- Teacher Representatives
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in adding your name to the ballot for April voting.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for specific questions regarding PTO at SCE.
Thank you for considering!
STEM Needs Some Donations, Please
Jumbo smoothie/ milkshake straws
Paper cups / plastic cups
Paper plates (large)
Thanks for helping our STEM class!
Spring Picture Day is Tuesday, March 22. Only students who order spring pictures will be photographed.
ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR IS NOW OPEN FOR NEW STUDENTS
Have Questions about Enrollment? CLICK HERE
Ready to Enroll? - Follow the 3 Step Process Online: CLICK HERE
To read more about Kindergarten Readiness: CLICK HERE.
Contact our school registrar, Cher McCord at 317-915-4270 or email@example.com with any registration/enrollment questions.
Current HSE/SCE students do not need to enroll for the next school year.
Please check your Skyward account and update your family's information as needed.
Sand Creek Striders Running Club
Practices begin March 15 for the students in Sand Creek Striders.
Practices are from 2-3:15pm on Tuesdays.
Practice Dates: March 15, 22, 29; April 12, 19, 26; May 3, 10 (Fun Run Day)
Please update School Dismissal Manager to show your student will be staying after school.
Geist 5K is May 21.
Contact Mrs. Gropp firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. Letzler email@example.com with any questions.
Social-Emotional Learning for the Week of February 28
Kindergarten: Empathy and Kindness - Kindness at School
- Students will be able to give at least one example of a kind act they could do in a given situation.
First Grade: Empathy and Kindness - Empathy in Action
- Students will be able to describe how empathy has lead them to show kindness to others.
Second Grade: Empathy and Kindness - Having Empathy
- Students will be able to identify a kind act that they could do for someone.
Third Grade: Empathy and Kindness - Building a Friendship
- Students will be able to identify kind acts that can make existing friendships stronger.
Fourth Grade: Empathy and Kindness - Ask, Listen, Learn
- Students will be able to generate questions a person could ask to better understand someone’s point of view.
Would you like more information on Social Emotional Learning?
Visit the HSE District Sites to read more, or follow the links below:
Have you observed an employee who goes above and beyond their job responsibilities/duties to make a difference? Leave them a RAVE Review. It takes 2 mins to complete but makes a long lasting impact for an educator.
March 7-11 is Week 2. There may be changes to the menu due to supply chain limitations. Thank you for your understanding.
Click the button to visit the HSE District Online Application for Food Service Positions.
Mudsock Youth Athletics Updates
Spring Sports: Did you forget to register for spring programing? There are still spaces open in many of our baseball, softball, soccer, boys and girls lacrosse, rugby, and track leagues. Register now at myathletics.com and we’ll see you on the fields. Learn more here.
Supporting Your Athlete: We’ve put all the resources in one place for you to re-learn how to support your athlete in 2022. Thank you for helping us create a safe and positive environment for participants, parents, guardians, coaches and referees. Read here.
Visit the Community Insider page linked below for all the details.
HSE Report It!
HSE Report It! is a school safety mobile reporting app that allows students, staff, and community members to provide anonymous information about concerns for their own safety or the safety of others. HSE Report it!, can be downloaded via Google Play or the Apple App Store. It’s anonymous and reports are made exclusively through the mobile app. HSE Report it! has no length limitations or the need to remember a short code. Reporters can attach photos, screenshots, videos, documents and/or audio recordings to their concerns and they can engage in a two-way dialogue with a real person.