New Tech News
Real Projects, Real World, Real Learning
- May 24th- Awards Show and Talent Show during school ***All learners arrive at 8:35 on this day. There will not be another 9:05am start this school year.
- May 26th-28th- Senior Trip
- May 29th- No School
- May 30th-June 1st- Exams and Early Release Schedule is below. Early releases are on May 31st and June 1st.
- June 1st- Last Day of School
- June 1st- Graduation Practice- 1pm at IBC
- June 2nd- Graduation at Irving Bible Church at 3pm, Project Graduation later that evening
Awards Show and Talent Show - Important things of note!!
- Parents should be receiving calls from facilitators if their child is receiving a special recognition at our Awards and Talent Show on Wednesday.
- All learners arrive at school at 8:35 on this day (unless they are involved in award show setup). We are providing free breakfast for all learners on this day.
- Formal dress for the awards show talent show day!!! I am told upperclass-persons end up wearing prom gear sometimes and that this is a very classy day!!
You will begin the day with networking, take attendance and will be dismissed BY HALLWAY to eat breakfast (staff eat with the learners in the café.) You will be dismissed to the buses from the café so plan to not return to your room until after we arrive back from CMS West in the afternoon.
Your 2017 New Tech Prom pictures are available for viewing.
Pictures can be printed any size and any quantity. It's up to the purchaser where pictures get printed. You can either print them from the site, or download and take to your printer of choice. You can select your picture and hit the "Buy Photos" button. Printing from the site is extremely inexpensive and has no photographer markup. Prom photography services were complimentary.
To view your pictures, go to https://joesullivan.smugmug.com/2017-Prom/
The annual DECA banquet will be on May 25th from 6:30-8:30PM! We will be recognizing everyone who competed, inducting new officers, and thanking all the teachers who helped us this year. There will be a dinner option available for purchase and a photo booth. The night will be lots of fun!
RSVP by May 19th and turn in the money into Mrs. Station by this date as well! Link for ticket: https://goo.gl/forms/L4WaqgfuhmGx3O3x2
AP Score Information (Things to keep in mind to get your scores this summer)
Students will receive access to AP scores based on their location starting on Wednesday, July 5. We ask that you help your students get ready, particularly those who have never taken an AP Exam before, by taking the steps below:
Fill in AP answer sheets carefully and consistently at exam time. Especially important are name, date of birth, sex, mailing address, and email address.
Sign up now for a College Board account on the student AP scores website. It's required to get scores. Some students may already have an account, so have them confirm this by signing in.
Remember account username and password, and 2017 AP number (or student ID number if they provided it on their AP answer sheet).
SENIORS - DON'T MISS PROJECT GRADUATION!
Graduation night – 9 hours of fun!
Three mystery places before it’s all done!
From 10 P.M. on the 2nd of June
Until 7 A.M. on the 3rd of June
We’ll provide your ride and breakfast, too;
this special night is just for you!
It’s $120 to join the fun!
May 26th is the last day to pay
So make some memories; sign up today!
For details and to pay online, please visit the PTSO Webstore
Space is limited – reserve your spot today!
Questions? Contact Tracy Holland (Tracy’s e-mail) or Allison Flynn (Allison’s e-mail).
ALL SENIORS –
Graduation Slide Show – please send in two (2) photos – 1 baby picture AND 1 picture of your child in a college shirt of the college they committed to OR a seniorphotograph. Email these photographs to Jason Pierce firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about senior information, please email Brandy Osterberger at email@example.com .
ARE YOU SYNCED WITH HOTSYNC?
If you’ve not been receiving the PTSO newsletter, HotSync, this school year please login to PTO Connect at www.ptoconnect.com and update your child’s information to reflect they are a student at NTH@C. We’re also working on putting together our school directory, and if you are not in PTO Connect, you won’t be included in the directory!
Questions or if you need help with accessing your account and/or updating information, please contact Carrie Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.