Newsletter Week 5 Term 3
Kaimai School 23rd August 2022
Nau mai haere mai,
I hope you have had a great start to the week. We are week 5 and lots of cool learning is taking place. I want to say a big thank you to the school community for your awesome support. We are working hard to identify how we can best support our learners here at Kaimai.
We have set procedures in place and look forward to sharing these with you. Keep reading the newsletters each week as this is how we will communicate the information to you.
A highlight this week for me is seeing the growth of the children's respect and manners at our week hui on Monday morning. Ruma Kiwi showcased their great singing talents. So proud. We wish the students attending the Tough Guy and Gal Challenge in Rotorua, all the very best!
Take care and if you would like to get in touch, please phone or email email@example.com.
Kei te pai to our value certificate recipients. You are shining!
Communication at Kaimai
- If you have a concern about your own child or one of our other students, contact the student's class teacher or the principal to discuss the matter. The school monitors, records, and responds appropriately to any concerns about a student's safety and welfare.
If your concern relates to another student, you must not approach that student or their parents/caregivers/whānau directly. Speak to their teacher or the principal.
- If you have a general concern about the school or its programmes, discuss it with the person involved or the principal.
- If you have a concern about another parent, caregiver, or member of the school community on a school-related matter, raise this with the principal.
Please note that if there has been an issue between students at school/on the bus and you have contacted us to follow this up, we will talk to all parties involved. Please respect teacher's time outside of school business hours. Our staff have families at home, and are unable to address the issue until they are on site, the next day. We thank you in advance for this.
Student Cellphone use at Kaimai School
Our procedures are:
- cellphones are handed in to the class teacher at the start of the school day and given back at the end of the day
- if whanau need to get in contact with a child, please contact the school office 07 543 0999 and we will pass the message on
- for bus students, cellphones can be checked before getting on the bus, but are not to be used while on the bus.
We thank you so much for your support!
Clubs, Clubs, Clubs!
On Tuesday, Baking Club kicked off with a bang. They made chocolate chip muffins and they were just delicious. Baking Club was so popular that there will be a rotation so that all the children who want to participate will get a turn.
Has your information changed?
*contact the school office at 07 543 0999 or
*click on the link to fill in https://www.kaimai.school.nz/update-contact-details/