The Generals' Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 9/20/2020
A BTSN Thank You!
New Dismissal Procedures for Students
If you are planning to pick up your child, you will follow the same traffic pattern as arrival (see map below Arrival Procedures). Please be patient as you wait for your child to exit the building and locate your car. We want to make sure all students exit safely.
Reminder: New Arrival Procedures for Students
We encourage parents who are dropping off their children to do so between 7:00am-7:30am. From 7:00am-7:20am, students will enter through Door #5, which is located at the back of the parking lot (see the green box below). These students will be supervised in the new gym, where they will be seated in desks that are socially distanced. Starting at 7:20am, car riders will utilize specific entrances specific to their grades. Also at 7:20am, any students in new gym will be invited to proceed to their homerooms. It is our hope that spacing out the arrival of car riders and bus riders will allow for a smooth flow of of traffic into the building. At 7:30am, students riding buses will then enter the building utilizing the entrances specific to their grade.
There will be hand sanitizer stations at each entrance; and students will be required to use hand sanitizer prior to entering the building.
Covid Daily Parent Form
- Log into the Parent Portal.
- Select the "Forms" tab.
- Under "Forms Library" you will see the "Covid Daily Parent Form." Here are the questions it will ask you: https://bit.ly/3mBb5qE
- Please complete, hit SAVE and then SUBMIT (see screenshot below).
If your child is not feeling well on a day he/she is scheduled to attend school in person, please keep your child at home. He/she may still access school virtually and be marked present for the school day.
Your cooperation with this will help us in our efforts to maintain a safe and health learning environment for all students and staff.
If your child is not feeling well, and he/she is scheduled to attend school in person, please keep your child home. He/she may still access school virtually and be marked present for the school day.
Chromebook Help Desk
- Welcome Letter: https://bit.ly/35kW7io
- Membership Form: https://bit.ly/2F7xPxU - Everyone who joins the PTO by Wednesday, September 30, 2020 will be entered in a chance to win one extra graduation ticket! One ticket will be awarded per grade level. The ticket will be good for your child's graduation year.
- Committee Descriptions: https://bit.ly/2Fe0tgl
- Parent Volunteer Form: https://bit.ly/3ieuFXd
- Spirit Wear Order Form (due Friday, October 16, 2020): https://bit.ly/3iLKGEy
- Save the Date! Our first virtual PTO meeting will be held on Monday, October 5, 2020 at 6:30pm. Please join us via Zoom: https://bit.ly/33I1DJw
Information for 8th Grade Students
Videos on the programs, options, and timelines:
- Video 1: Overview of the FRHSD
- Video 2: Magnet Program Application Process
- Video 3: Magnet Program Timeline
- Video 4: International Baccalaureate
- Their FAQ is also available on the site
In addition to these informational videos, there will be optional Q&A Zoom sessions for students, parents, and guardians:
Magnet Application Process & Timeline
This document is available on their website.
Magnet Open Houses & International Baccalaureate Info Sessions
In lieu of traditional Open Houses and Info Sessions, program supervisors will create videos, available on each program’s page within the Magnet and IB sites. These will be available on October 1. Similar to their general Q&A Zoom sessions, each program will host two program-specific Q&A Zooms for students, parents, and guardians. See the schedule here.