New President Needed!
By: Anjali Singh
Requirements For Being Our Next President!
- Be at least 35 years old
- Have lived in the United States for 14 years
- Have been born in the United States
Duties, Roles, and Responsibilities As The President
- The President is in charge of 15 cabinet departments
- Executive Order : a rule of command that has the force of law
- The president directs foreign policy
- Executive Agreement : Agreements with foreign leaders that are not approved by congress
- The president is in charge of all military factions
- Only the president can send in troops but they can not declare war.
- Viewed as the leader of his/her political party
- Select's party's national chairs person
- Helps the party raise money and funds
- Deals with several economic issues such as...
- Unemployment rates
- High rates
- Plans the federal governments budget every year
Head Of State
- Ceremonial Role
- Represents America at special occasions and ceremonies
- The president acts as a living symbol of the United States
- One example shown below is the Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Must sign bills into laws or veto the bill
- Gives the State Of Union Address
Benefits of being the President
- $400,000 per year
- Other money for travel and expenses
- The use of Camp David (resort for a vacation)
- Fleet of special cars
Where the president can go with his family for a vacation!
This is what the cars look like and all the special things about the car that most cars don't have.
This is what the presidents helicopter looks like.