CO-OP Demo Plan
Nabil Hussain - library CO - OP
Time of Demo:
1) How to look up and take out books In the Library
2) How to Access/Use Online Data Base
2) I have chosen how to access/use the online data base because this is something Liberians have to demonstrate to classes. Teachers want Librarians to show there class how to use the online data Base because there are so many online sources that may not be credible, and using these data bases is a good place for students to find credible information to use in their assignments. Online data bases are also good because it gives a variety of information on their topic they search.
Steps on How to look up on the Online catalogue.
2) Go to Byod Peel login - Cick Resources Tab
3) On the right hand Side there is a big red buton that says Library Catalogue
4) Scroll down to secondary school and look at Rick Hasnen. Schools are arranged alphabetically.
5) Library Catalogue is classified into search options, word, author,title, subject or series. You chose one.
6) Type your title/word in the box and find related books on your topic.
7) Click keep if you like your book to make a list.
8) Click kept on the top to see your selection.
9) click view-to look at your list or print format to print your list.
Steps on How to Access/Use Online Data Base.
2) For all of the databases, the only info students
need to login at home is: Username: peel_dsb Password: athome
Basic Search Techniques:
1) Use Key Words Related To Your Topic
2 Use synonyms (Alternative words that mean the same thing)
-3) “Phrases in Quotation marks”
- Requires words to be searched as a phrase, in the
exact order you type them.
4) Boolean Search Term
- OR: (BROADENS the search)
- Ie: Ear OR nose OR throat
- The more words connected by OR, the more documents
5 ) AND: (NARROWS your search)
- The more words you enter connected by AND, the
fewer documents you get
- “global warming” AND “sea level rise” AND
6) NOT (Narrows your search by excluding material)
- This is useful when you want to find results related to only one of two commonly related terms.
7) Search Techniques: Truncation Symbols
-Use truncation symbols to retrieve all variants of
a word stem.
- For example: a search for educat* will retrieve:
educate, educating, education, educational,
educator, educators, etc.
- This will broden your search
List of required Materials:
Approved: Date, Time and Activity
Signature of Placement Supervisor: