LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS
MAKES 12 MUFFINS
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup grassfed butter or ghee, melted
- juice of 1 small lemon + coconut milk to total 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup honey (Low-carb option: 2/3 cup Swerve Sweetener +1/4 cup more coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon organic lemon extract
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest (from organic lemon)
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Real sea salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In large bowl, blend together eggs, melted butter, lemon juice + milk, honey, lemon extract,
and lemon zest. (Grate the lemon for the zest before you squeeze the juice from it.)
3. Separately, combine coconut flour, salt, baking powder, and poppy seeds.
4. Mix dry ingredients into batter just until there are no lumps. (Do not over mix.)
5. Allow the batter to sit 5 min in order for the coconut flour to absorb the liquid.
7. Bake for about 30 min. and allow to cool.