Grove Early Childhood Center News
Kane Brodrick- Winner of our School Mall Drawing
Mrs. Bloss' Winter Weather Prediction
Every fall after the first frost, Mrs. Bloss splits open local persimmons to predict the winter weather pattern. For those of you who don't know how this works- seeds that look like knives will predict a winter that will "cut you with the cold." This year's persimmons have spoons or "shovels" which means- lots of precipitation...hopefully, snow days and not any ice :) There you have it!
Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Cox...just horsin' around at the Corn Maze
Delaware County Fire Department Calendar on Sale NOW at local banks
Pick up your copy of this year's Fire Department Calendar to support the fire/tornado training trailer at any local bank :) Featured is our own Kindergarten Firefighting Teacher Mrs. Debra Popp and former ECC students.
The ECC raised almost $830.00 for the Fire/Tornado Trailer! Congratulations to Mrs. Highley's PreK class for winning the hot dog party!
The Scholastic Book Fair is This Month!
Join us for a Blizzard Bonanza in the Library with this semester's Scholastic Book Fair! We have several special activities planned.
- 10/9 Special ECC Staff Sneak Peak @ 3:30 p.m.
- 10/10 PreK Dads "Pop in" for a snack and some shopping, 7:45-10 a.m.
- 10/11 K Dads "Pop in" for a snack and some shopping, 7:45-10:00 a.m.
- 10/14 Grandparents Open House- Come shop with your grandchild at the ECC 8-4
- Book Fair Bonus Hours, Tuesday, Oct. 15th- Library open until 7 p.m.
Parent Teacher Conferences
Parents, come join us on PT Conference Days- 10/15, from 4:00-7:00 p.m. and 10/16, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. We can't wait to share with you all of the great things that your child is accomplishing at the ECC!
Character Counts Word of the Month: Friendship
In order to have a friend, you have to be a friend!
Box Tops- Send them to the ECC!
Your trash is our cash! Box Tops are worth a dime each. Box Tops add up quickly. Send in groups of 10 to your child's teacher!
Halloween parties at the ECC will be held on Thursday, Oct. 31 in the morning. Parents are allowed to check children out after the parties in order to prepare for the holiday if they choose. Please consider when picking out costumes:
- No violent or gruesome costumes
- No weapons (swords, guns, etc)
- Be sure your child can maneuver the costume on his/her own in the restroom
- Wear shoes for the playground. We will still go outside.
- Extra parts such as wigs, gloves, masks may get lost after a day at school. We will do our best to keep everyone's things together. But party days are crazy days.