Grove Early Childhood Center News
ECC "FUNdraiser" Help Needed
We never sell items door to door at the ECC or ask you to collect money. Thank you in advance for supporting this easy way to help us raise funds for our school. Simply take out the white event from your child's backpack.
- Go to www.schoolmall.net
- Sign up with our School ID # 362893
- Create an Account
- Add 6 email addresses- need one or two? Add your teacher's email address!
- Be sure to enter the Golden Ticket prize drawing for $100 on line
- Write down your Code- see 2nd Picture. Write the code on your Attention Parents envelope and send to school for the cool prize.
- No purchase necessary. Don't want junk email? Block or send to spam.
- Thank you, thank you, thank you!
The prize code is highlighted in blue. Write this code on your envelope and enter it online for the Golden Ticket Drawing for $100. We've actually had winners before! Send your envelope back with the code to get the prize.
Congratulations ECC Site Teacher of the Year- Mrs. Burch!
Congratulations ECC Support Personnel Recipient of the Year Mrs. Dodson!
Kindness Day Kick Off
We greatly appreciate our KIND volunteers who greeted students and families on Kindness Day at the ECC. The volunteers passed out Kindness bracelets, hugs and high fives to everyone to kick start the day.
Baby Fish at the ECC!
We have only had baby fish 3 times in our fourteen years at the ECC! Welcome to our newest friend- appropriately named "Fishy."
ECC Transform TEAM- building better behavior TOGETHER!
ECC Rotary Grant Recipients
Several staff members of the ECC recently received Rotary Grants. Pictured Below:
- Mrs. Bloss- $1500.00 library books
- Ms. Adams- $2099.88 STEM Robotics for ECC Students
- Mrs. Powell- $650.00 classroom materials for PreK
- Mrs. Buchanan- $1509.00 social emotional curriculum kits for K
- Mrs. Burch- $1103.53 art materials for K-3rd grade
Grove High School Students Job Shadow at ECC
Students from Mrs. Crawford's High School Human Growth and Development class spent a day job shadowing teachers at the ECC. Students participated in a variety of activities including tutoring, small group instruction and student assessment.
February Character Counts Word of the Month: Honesty
I will be HONEST and tell the truth...even when it is HARD to do!
Gibson's Class "Goldfish Graphing" Activity
Mrs. Highley's Teddy Bear Picnic
It's Dr. Seuss' Birthday Week! March 2-6
Join us for a Seuss Celebration!
- Monday, Green Eggs and Ham in the Cafeteria- WEAR GREEN
- Tuesday, Cat in the Hat Day- WEAR STRIPES OR YOUR FAVORITE HAT
- Wednesday, Wacky Wednesday- WEAR CLOTHES BACKWARDS, INSIDE OUT OR MISMATCHED
- Thursday, Red Fish Blue Fish- WEAR RED OR BLUE
- Friday, The Lorax- WEAR A SILLY MUSTACHE
We are WILD about Book Fair! Come visit our Book Fair Events in March!
- March 5-12 Book Fair opens at 7:45 a.m.
- March 2- Book Fair flyers come home in backpacks. Make your wish list!'
- March 5- PreK Family Event 7:45 a.m. -10:00 a.m.
- March 6- K Family Event 7:45 a.m.- 10:00 a.m.
- March 10- Grandparent Shopping Day- All Day Long
- March 12- Extended Book Fair Shopping Hours- Open Until 7 pm
ECC Picture Day, March 26th
We will have Spring Picture Day on March 26th. Class pictures must be pre-purchased. Individual pictures will be taken. A proof will then be sent home. You get to choose your own background. Thank you for supporting the ECC with this fundraising event.
Spring Break- March 13-March 22
School will be closed for Spring Break March 13-22. We hope this year's break is filled with sunshine and happy memories.
We are Ridgy Ready!
Have you heard your student using the term "Ridgy Ready?" This is the term we use to manage behavior in a positive way. We are Ridgy Ready at the ECC by being : Safe, Responsible and Respectful. We have Ridgy Ready Expectations for every place at our school including: classrooms, restrooms, hallways, playground, cafeteria, emergency situations, bus. When students show that they are Ridgy Ready, they earn Ridgy Ready tickets that go in the prize buckets in the main hall. Student tickets from each homeroom class are drawn each day on Channel 97 for prizes.
Wash My Hands | Learn to Wash your Hands Song | Jack Hartmann
Kindergarten Ridgy Kids
Keep Scrolling Down...more info at bottom of page!
Keep on Scrolling!
Yes, you are almost there! Keep scrolling!
We've got lots of cute pictures! Keep scrolling!
Box Tops- Send them to the ECC!
Your trash is our cash! Box Tops are worth a dime each. Box Tops add up quickly. Send in groups of 10 to your child's teacher! Box Tops for Education is converting to a paper free system. Please help us out by downloading the new app and begin scanning your store register receipts. Soon there will be no more cutting and counting Box Tops. It will all be done through the app. To learn more about using the app and how simple it is, watch the short video below.
How to Scan