Bennett Bears 5th Grade News
Week of October 5th
What's Happening in ELAR/ Social Studies
In Reading, we will be analyzing literary nonfiction. We will continue to read and analyze Rump as a class. We will read our book club books! We will write biographies about a special person to us.
In Social Studies, we will learn about American Colonization though our American Colonization ELM.
Homework is due Friday, October 9th.
What's Happening in Math/ Science
In math this week, we will be estimating, adjusting quotients, and dividing (five digit divided by a two digit divisor) using whole numbers. There will be no math homework. Please be studying for science.
In Science, we will be wrapping up our Matter Unit. We will also spend a day reviewing in preparation for our District Assessment that will be given on Friday, October 9th. Please ensure that your child is utilizing the attached study guide. This guide was designed to help your child be successful.
- Monday, October 5th: Camp paperwork DUE!
- Wednesday, October 7th: National Walk to School Day
- Friday, October 9th: Family Fitness Night 6:30 - 8:00, Watch Dog Sign Up Ends
- Monday, October 12th - No school for students; staff development day
- Tuesday, October 13th: Bennett/Culvers Night 5:00 - 10:00pm
- Monday, October 19th: Red Ribbon Week Begins
- Friday, October 23rd: Background checks need to be approved by this date for camp volunteers; Chaperone Lottery
- Monday, October 26th: No School, Parent/Teacher Conferences; Chaperones notified about camp.
- Thursday, October 29th: Fundraiser Pick Up
- Friday, October 30th: Friday Live 2:15pm; 2nd camp payment due ($75)
- Monday, November 9th: Chaperone Meeting at 7:15am
- November 18-20: Allaso Ranch 5th Grade Camping Trip!!
Camp Money is DUE!
Second camp payment of $75 is due Oct. 30th.
Camp Allaso Upcoming Dates!
Camp Allaso Upcoming Dates!
- Monday, October 5th, camp paperwork is DUE!
- Please get your background check completed if you are wanting to be a possible chaperone!
KidzScience is coming to Bennett Elementary!
With KidzScience, kids do hands-on science and have fun all-in-one! Join us at Bennett and have a blast doing these science experiments:
- Slime Extravaganza! Join us in the KidzScience Concoction Lab as we experiment with a slimy polymer.....extremely messy! Beware!
- Let there be Light: Join us as we learn about ultraviolet light and experiment with UV-sensitive objects!
- Science of Flight! learn about force, gravity, lift, and motion with your own Balloon Helicopter!
- Biology Blast: learn about animal tracks and make a cool cast!
- Geology Rocks...learn about crystals and crack open your own geode!
- KidzScience in the Kitchen: enjoy tasty science as we make candy!
Where: Bennett Elementary
When: Tuesdays, Oct 13th through Nov 17th
Who can attend: K through 5th
Homework for the Week
Spelling Words for the Week!
Bennett winter spirit wear is on sale now AVAILABLE BY PRE-ORDER ONLY!!! Order deadline is Friday, Oct. 23rd.
Bennett 5th Grade
Shannon Dusek - email@example.com
Beth Higgins - firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalie White - email@example.com