English I Poetry Portfolio
Major Test Grade for 3rd Six Weeks
How do poems convey deep emotions, elaborate mental images, and express our thoughts on various subjects?
For each poem, you need the following:
1. An analysis of each poem. For each poem, you need to explain the tone, mood, theme, subject/topic, and why you chose the poem. (5 points per poem: 40 points)
2. A visual representation for each poem. (3 points per poem: 24 points)
3. Four (4) examples of figurative language in each poem. (2 points per poem: 16 points)
4. Cover page which has your heading, title and a brief explanation of your project, along with a dedication to someone. (5 points)
5. Sources of all poems cited with the web address, web page title, author/title of poem. (5 points)
6. Creativity. Overall creativity and neatness of project including correct spelling and grammar. (10 points)
This project is due Friday, November 8, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.