Harvest Elementary School Newsletter
November 14th- November 21st
As we near Thanksgiving Break starting on Wednesday November 26th, I wanted to talk about a few exciting things that have happened at Harvest. Our Cafeteria received a perfect score of 100% from the Health Department. ( Picture below)
Mrs. Matthews in 1st grade was recognized by Kia of Huntsville for her efforts to positively impact her students at Harvest. (picture below)
Kia of Huntsville donated $4500 to our school's drive for technology. (Picture below)
Our school will begin a canned food drive on Monday November 17th, please consider bringing canned goods to donate to local Harvest families in need.
Please look at the information below to find the latest happenings.
National Honor Society will meet next on November 24th. The meeting on the 17th has been rescheduled.
Running Club: the November 18, 2014 running Club meeting is cancelled.
Please see the link
Thank you for another great week and see you at Harvest!
Harvest Cafeteria Receives Perfect score!
Left to right:
Nancy Neyman, Kim Cunningham, Suki Holderman, Carla Lyle and Annette Ikard
Mrs. Matthews in 1st grade was recognized by Kia of Huntsville for her efforts to positively impact her students at Harvest.
$4500.00 Donation from Kia of Huntsville
A big thank you to Kia of Huntsville donated $4,500.00 this week for our school technology!
November 20th - Progress Reports go home
November 17th - Harvest's Canned Food Drive
Nov. 26th -28th Thanksgiving Holidays- No school
Dec. 2nd – WATCH DOGS-Dad’s and Donuts-7:15-7:45am
Dec. 3rd – School Spelling Bee- 8:30- Cafeteria
Dec. 10th – Mom’s and Muffins-7:15-7:45am
Dec. 16th - Sparkman Middle - Holiday Performance - K-5
Dec. 16th - 1st Grade Christmas Party - 1:30pm
Dec. 17th - School Wide Behavior Celebration
Dec. 18th Class Parties:
5th - 1:15pm
Dec. 18th - Last Full Day of School
KROGER REWARDS-NPO number 41313
TO USE THE KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
- Simply encourage your members to register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
- If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm. -NPO number 41313
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
The Community Programs Staff
Reviewing of the State Standards
The Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE) is asking for public input specifically related to the Alabama College- and Career-Ready Standards (ACCRS). This is an effort to maintain the highest level of rigor and challenge for the state’s K-12 public school students.
The public can go to the Standards Review Homepage and offer feedback on each standard for English/Language Arts and Mathematics by grade.
Please check out our Clubs link for a menu of all club. information. Link
4th- 5th grades: Lego Robotics: