CHS library at a glance
It was a busy start to the school year!
During August & September, we were open 28 days.217 classes visited the library - that's approximately 5425 students!
137 of those classes - 3425 students - were 9th, 10th, & 12th grade ELA.
Over 1785 student visits were recorded in the library apart from ELA classes - before & after school, during lunches, free seniors, and working for other classes.
What else goes on around here?
We borrow books from and send materials to other campuses for students and teachers to use.
Students and faculty checked out 3723 books during this period.
Our patrons checked out 63 e-books and audiobooks through OverDrive.
training with AP Seminar on available digital resources
health screenings & insurance meetings
National Honor Society meetings
update/circulate laptops & Chromebooks
help students manage passwords & logons
assist teachers & students with educational technology
meeting space for faculty, students, and organizations
Other activities in which I'm involved:
- weekly ELAR meetings
- IFT (secretary)
- National Honor Society adviser
- Region 17 librarians steering committee member
- social media manager for the Texas Library Association's Young Adult Round Table
- chair of Administrator of the Year committee for the Texas Association of School Librarians
- adjunct professor in the College of Education's Department of Information Science at the University of North Texas