Romeo and Juliet
A Globe Production
This play was written by William Shakespeare
- William Shakespeare was born in 1564. He had seven siblings, and he did not receive a large education. He married Anne Hathaway when he was eighteen and he also had three children. Unfortunately, Shakespeare has no descendants as his only granddaughter died childless. He died in the year 1616.
See our Great Actors
"Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, which mannerly devotion shows in this. For saints have hands that Pilgrims' hands do touch, and palm to palm is holy palmer's kiss" ~ Juliet
In this scene, Romeo and Juliet meet for the first time. Romeo is at a party thrown by the Capulets, who are Juliet's parents. Romeo approaches Juliet and they talk and kiss. Then the nurse approaches, and she drags Juliet away because she does not approve of what is going on between Romeo and Juliet. After, Romeo realizes he loves Juliet.
Rules of the theater
- Please keep your throwing of rotten tomatoes till the end of the show!
- Please only bring your pets with you if they carry rabies or other insects on them!
- Please make as much noise as possible when you are bored by the play!
- No throwing of shoes or hats of anykind.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the best thing about the Globe?
A. The round shape lets everyone see the stage.
Q. What is the best play to see at the Globe and why?
A. Romeo and Juliet, due to the amazing display of acting talent and cool scenes.
Advertisement - This play is sponsered by Conrad Gessner and company.
Do you always seem to need to write things down but are not able to? Now that has all changed!! Come to the Stone Depot and buy your pencils today!