AJS Weekly Bison Tracks
December 3, 2021
- December 6, 7:00 p.m. - Canadian Parents for French Meeting (Virtual)
- December 6 - Student Council Wreath Decorating
- December 6, 13, 20 - Student Council - Where is Patty, Patrick & Pierre?
- December 6-10 - Student Council - Christmas Bingo
- December 6-10 - Guess the Teacher Based on their Elf Name
- December 7 - Student Council Red and Green Day
- December 8-15 - Student Council Gingerbread House Contest
- December 9, 6:30 p.m. - Dual Credit Virtual Info Session
- December 9 & 10 - Student Council Christmas Cookie Sales
- December 10, 6:30 p.m. - Bisons Football Year-end Banquet
- December 13 & 14 - Student Council Candy Gram Sales
- December 14, 6:30 p.m. - Jr. High Christmas Band Concert (Presale Only)
- December 15, 6:30 p.m. - Sr. High Christmas Band Concert (Presale Only)
- December 15 - Student Council Christmas Movie Character Dress Up Day
- December 16 - Student Council Ski Dress Up Day & Hot Chocolate Sales
- December 17 - Student Council Ugly Christmas Sweater Day & Santa Pictures
- December 20 - Student Council Christmas Hat Day
- December 21 -Student Council PJ Day & Dress Your Pet
- December 22 - January 4 - Christmas Break
- January 5, Day 1 - Classes Resume
- January 5, 2:14 p.m. - Early Dismissal - Staff Meeting
- January 11 - Final Exam Sittings Begin (see schedule below)
REMINDER: STUDENT DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP
A friendly reminder when dropping off or picking up students, please do not use the front of the school between the hours of 8:25 a.m. to 8:40 a.m. and 3:10 p.m. to 3:25 p.m. which is designated for buses only. As well, please refrain from parking in staff parking stalls. You are welcome to drive to the back of the school for pick-ups and drop-offs. Thank you for your cooperation.
AJS Spirit/Grad Wear
**LAST CHANCE FOR ORDERS**
The online store for the Ardrossan Spirit Wear as well as GRAD 2022 apparel is now live. Below is the link. It is also posted on our website. Please note, payment must be made at the time of order.
The store will be open November 15 – December 5, 2021. Items are anticipated to arrive in late January. Once we have the items, we will sort and distribute them through the office.
Christmas Gift Ideas - AJS Swag!
We have some amazing items for sale that would make great Christmas gift ideas!
Please log into PowerSchool, under Student Fees, to find the form for purchasing AJS SWAG. The form will be available from November 1 to December 8. Once the orders are closed, we will contact you for pick up at the office for the week of December 13. Payment must be made at the time of order. Check under the “paid” tab for confirmation of order and payment.
Please note there are limited quantities available! Order now so you do not miss out!
- Science 8 got to see a demonstration of a deer's lung.
- Physics 30 did a mirrors lens optics bench lab.
Families challenge each other to solve the 12 Days of Christmas Challenge!! Each week we will post four new challenges to master.
- Science 7 FI – projet pour chaleur & température construire une isolant (thermos) qui va garder 3 glacons.
- Showing our learning in democratic systems in études sociales 30.
- In Health 7, students were assigned a project to create a new food product and advertisement. Jake created some fantastic Dragon Fire Cupcakes.
EIPS Career Pathways - December Newsletter
Are you interested in careers in Powerline Technician, Baker Apprentice, or Aircraft Maintenance Technician? The December Career Pathway News has spotlights on all of those careers this month, as well as tips for building cover letters and having successful job interviews.
Please click the link to check it out: December 2021 CP News.
Fee Waiver Application Deadline
If circumstances exist where you’re unable to pay school or transportation fees, you can apply to have fees waived by submitting an Application for a Waiver of Fees. The application deadline is Dec. 15, 2021. If you’re new to the Division, the deadline is the latter of Dec. 15, 2021, or 45 days after registration.
To access your fee information, simply log in to the PowerSchool Parent Portal and go to “Student Fees.” There you can view your fees and pay them online using Visa or MasterCard. All fees are due within 30 days of being posted.
Don’t forget to also log in to the PowerSchool Parent Portal regularly throughout the year. Fees are often added to your child’s account to cover the cost of various school activities such as field trips, class projects, extracurricular activities and more.
For more information about school fees, waivers and payment deadlines, visit www.eips.ca/schools/fees and www.ardrossan.ca/about/fees. Alternatively, contact Kim Walsh at Ardrossan Junior Senior High at 780-922-2228.
Ardrossan Junior Senior High will close for the Christmas break at the end of the day on Tuesday, Dec. 21, 2021. The school will reopen on Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2022. During this time, if you have any school-related questions or concerns, contact Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) Central Services at 780-464-3477.
EIPS Central Services Christmas Break Hours
Open December 22 and 23; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed Dec. 23, 2021 to Jan. 3, 2022
Open January 4; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
*for location and contact information visit www.eips.ca.
From everyone at Elk Island Public Schools, we wish all of you a happy holiday season and a wonderful New Year.
Returning Student Registration for 2022-23
Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) will once again conduct an online returning student registration process to confirm student registrations for the 2022-23 school year. Families of all current students—with the exception of graduating Grade 12 students—must complete the process to confirm the school their child plans to attend in the 2022-23 school year or advise the Division of their plans not to return to EIPS. Additionally, students who want to attend a non-designated school need to make that request through the returning student registration process—acceptance is based on available space. The 2022-23 returning student registration takes place Feb. 1-28, 2022.
For more information, contact the school office at 780-922-2228.
Dual Credit Virtual Info Session
December 9, 2021 6:30-7:00 p.m.
Microsoft Teams Virtual Session Click here to join the meeting
Families of students in Grades 10-12
Dual credit pathways help students earn high school and post-secondary credits that can count toward a post-secondary certificate, diploma, or degree, including first period apprenticeship opportunities. Moreover, Dual credit opportunities span a variety of industries and professions including health care, trades, agriculture, and business administration.
Attached is the Dual Credit Handbook with specific courses available for students in the new year.
Shad Canada is a STEAM and entrepreneurship program for students in grades 10 and 11. The program attracts students with high aptitudes for risk taking, curiosity, excellence and resilience, and prepares them to take on social and economic challenges. The month-long, summer program includes a real-world design challenge that asks students to work on issues such as food security, water management and waste. SHAD2022 will take place in person July 3-29, 2022. The application deadline is Dec. 6, 2021. There is a cost to register, but bursaries are available.
RBC Future Launch Scholarship
FORGET EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT SCHOLARSHIPS. THIS ONE IS DIFFERENT.
Join a coding boot camp, learn French, enroll in a cosmetology course – You decide! The RBC Future Launch Scholarship could help you take your next step towards a better job. This Scholarship is for anyone from 15 to 29 who wants to learn something new… Could $1,500 make you more future ready?
Apply today. Now open for applications until December 15, 2021.
Are you stuck right now, but have a plan for how to achieve your dreams?
The RBC Future Launch Scholarship will be awarded to those who show a clear vision for their future.
- For Canadian youth between 15-29 years old
- Enrolled part time in school or not in school at all
- A Canadian Citizen or Permanent resident
- Grades and transcripts are not required
- Hundreds of scholarships available throughout the year
- Not working at RBC or a dependent of someone working at RBC
The $1,500 scholarship can be used for many different things, including:
- Short-term courses
- Necessary equipment or books
RBC Future Launch Scholarship for Indigenous Youth
Are you an Indigenous youth in Canada looking to pursue post-secondary education? The RBC Future Launch Scholarship for Indigenous Youth could help you achieve your post-secondary goals. Apply today!
Now open for applications until January 5, 2022.
The RBC Future Launch Scholarship for Indigenous Youth will award 20 scholarships annually valued up to $10,000 each per year (up to 4 years) to First Nations, Inuit and Métis students across Canada demonstrating strong academic performance and community involvement. RBC has been providing a scholarship for Indigenous students to complete post-secondary education since 1992. To date, more than $1.8 million dollars have been awarded to 198 Indigenous youth across Canada pursuing post-secondary education.
- December 2-4 - Jr. Jr. Basketball EIPS Tournament
- December 3 & 4 - Jr. Varsity Basketball Stampede Classic Tournament
- December 6, 4:00 p.m. - Jr. Sr. Girls Basketball vs SCA
- December 6, 5:15 p.m. - Jr. Sr. Boys Basketball vs SCA
- December 8, 4:00 p.m. - Jr. Jr. Boys Basketball vs F.R. Haythorne
- December 8, 5:15 p.m. - Jr. Jr. Girls Basketball vs F.R. Haythorne
- December 10 & 11 - Sr. Varsity Basketball Tournament - Sturgeon
- December 14, 4:00 p.m. - Jr. Sr. Girls Basketball vs ABJ
- December 14, 5:15 p.m. - Jr. Sr. Boys Basketball vs ABJ
- December 16, 3:30 p.m. - Jr. Jr. Boys Basketball vs SCA
- December 16, 3:30 p.m. - Jr. Jr. Girls Basketball vs SCA
- December 16-18 - Sr. Varsity Basketball Tournament - Bert Church
- December 20, 4:00 p.m. - Jr. Sr. Girls Basketball vs Lakeland Ridge
- December 20, 5:15 p.m. - Jr. Sr. Boys Basketball vs Lakeland Ridge
- January 7 & 8 - Jr. Sr. Basketball Bison Bowl Invitational Tournament
- January 7 & 8 - Sr. Varsity Basketball Tournament @ Beaumont Composite