by crystal berstler
- Roughly 7.8% of people 18 and over in the U.S. have hay fever.4
- In 2010, 10% of U.S. children aged 17 years and under suffered from hay fever in the past 12 months.1
- In 2010, White children in the U.S. were more likely to have had hay fever (10%) than black children (7%).1
- Worldwide, allergic rhinitis affects between 10% and 30 % of the population.3
- Worldwide, sensitization (IgE antibodies) to foreign proteins in the environment is present in up to 40% of the population.3
"TeensHealth." Allergies. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2013. <http://kidshealth.org/teen/diseases_conditions/allergies_immune/allergies.html>.
"Allergy Statistics." The American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2013. <http://www.aaaai.org/about-the-aaaai/newsroom/allergy-statistics.aspx>.