Cryar Cat News
August 2, 2020
Back to School Edition!
We are so excited to welcome both our returning and new Cryar Cats to the 2020-2021 school year! This will be a year that is like no other, and we are ready. Our CISD curriculum department has been working all summer to create an online learning curriculum that is hearty and fun. Our Cryar teachers and staff have been working on both their real classroom and their virtual classroom, and they are ready to get back into the swing of things. Whether you have chosen to be online or in class, we are ready to continue the loving and learning that makes our school great.
Conroe ISD has chosen a remote learning plan for all students August 12 until September 8. Your teacher will be contacting you on August 5th with all of the information you need to be ready to “log on” for the first day of school. We know many of you have questions about a remote start, so we want to share some things about our new online structure:
Everything your student will need for their online learning can be found in their Canvas courses. This means there is only ONE log in to get to all of their classes.
Our teachers have created lessons which, in some cases, can be watched live, but in all cases will be available as a recorded option so the students can watch the lessons as often as they wish and also on a schedule which works for your student and your family.
Students will be expected to be engaged/online daily, but it will never be required to be online at a specific time.
Attendance will be taken daily based on their engagement. Your student must log on and participate every day to be counted “present”. Teachers will check attendance every day for the day before. So, your student has to log on and participate at some point during every school day (12:00am-11:59pm) to be counted present. If your student did not log on or communicate with their teacher at any time during that day, they will be counted absent for that school day. It is mandatory that CISD follow the attendance guidelines set by the State of Texas.
Students will be able to complete their assignments at their own pace throughout the day; however, each assignment will have a clearly stated due date.
Teachers will have posted times when they will be available for questions and interactions. Students and parents are invited to contact teachers by phone, email or set up a face to face online conference if help is needed.
On September 8, the online curriculum will mimic the teaching that is going on in the classroom. With this, we are so grateful that our students will be able to have a seamless transition from in person to online, should that event occur.
As stated before, we know this is a year like no other, but we can confidently say, whether you chose in person learning or online learning, we are ready to welcome your student back. #bettertogether #challengeaccepted #NYAS
Thanks for all your support,
Bethany Medford, Principal
Click above to be directed to the CISD Roadmap to Reopening document. This is a live document that is constantly being updated to reflect the policies and procedures for the 2020-2021 school year.
School Supplies and Yearbook Distribution
Did you pre-order school supplies for your student for the 2020-2021 school year? They have arrived! Pick up your supplies on Monday, August 10th from 5pm-6:30pm.
Are you super excited to find out who your teachers are?
Thank you so much for completing your online enrollment. We are almost at 100%. If you have not completed this, please use the following link to complete your registration verification TODAY! This is very important for us to be able to build your student a schedule.
Cryar's Meet the Teacher is a Virtual Event Happening on Thursday, August 6th
- Free Curbside Meal Distribution will continue Tuesday/ Thursday 10-12 through August 11 at Caney Creek High, Oak Ridge High and Sam Houston Elementary.
- Beginning Thursday, August 13, breakfast and lunch meals will be available curbside at every campus for students to purchase or free to students who qualify.
- Curbside Meals will no longer be free for all students.
- Meals will be available on the bus ramp (or designated location) at each school Tuesdays and Thursdays 10 AM-12 PM.
- Multiple meals will be distributed on pick up days. Tuesday: 2 breakfast meals/ 2 lunch meals Thursday: 3 breakfast meals/ 3 lunch meals
- A student meal card located in Parent Access must be presented to scan and identify the student when meals are picked up.
- This can be printed on paper or presented electronically on a phone.
- No change will be made for cash transactions- any change will be applied to student's meal account. Pre-payments can be made at www.myschoolbucks.com .
- Meal prices and the free and reduced meal application are available on the child nutrition website. https://www.conroeisd.net/department/child-nutrition/ .
- The drop date for students to use Free and Reduced benefits from last year is September 24. After this, students will be a "paid status" until a new application is completed.
- Parents can go online to complete a Free and Reduced application for the 20-21 school year. www.myschoolapps.com
- Pre K students are not automatically free this year. An application is required.
- Child Nutrition will deliver Student ID cards to each K-12 campus by August 14 for students to use for meals during in-person instruction.
- Cards will have notches to be attached to lanyards if needed.