Blindness is a serious disability.
What causes blindness?
- Blindess can be caused by somones eye shape changing, their lens could be clouded, or the optic nerve could be damaged.
How does it affect somone's body and mind?
- A blind persons mind and brain must adapt to the loss of their eyesight.
- Their body can still function but it's a lot more difficult this way.
Can it be cured, or are their treatments that help alleviate the symptoms?
- It can not be cured
- People who are legally blind could get eye surgery to help them see better than they could before.
What sort of adaptations/changes can be made to the enviroment to help someone with this disability?
- They can have more dogs helping the blind.
- There could be more jobs for blind people.
- We could also offer more help to them.
What recent strides have been made in the research and awareness of this disability?
- There is new and improved technonly.
- Blind people will have better access to graphics.
- Schools and community centers are making this disability more known.
Give an interesting fact about this disbility.
- In the army they once used colorblind people to see camoflage colors that people with normal vision would have never seen.
Give names of websites you used.
- Kids Health
- National Fye Institute
- Fact Encyclopedia