Media Center-Classroom Connection
Informational Text Resource
Odyssey- Adventuires in Science
August 2013: (Great Issue for Technology)
- Inside Scoop on NASCAR
- Fast...Furious and just 15!
- How to Build a Racecar
- Ah-ah-ah-choo! Why Snot's not all bad.
- Making Sense of the Cat vs. dog war
- Wondering what your pet is saying?
Nov 2013: (Great Issue for technology)
- Spy Secrets; Gasdgets and gear
- How observant are you?
- You are being watched
Muse: Life, the universe, and pie throwing
- Finding Fake
- Sweet nothings
- The camera does lie
- Head Games
- Inside the Minds of Muse Readers
- Your mouth: a user's guide
- Fish with smarts
- Which part of my head is the funny bones?
- Guess the Guts (Great activity for Science)
Calliope - Exploring World History
Ancient Greek Seas when gods walked on Earth (Great for ELA on mythology)
- A ship that talks
- Outwitting a dragon
- Jason and the argonauts
Hills are alive from ancient tones to ipods (Great for music with connective knowledge in History)
- Press Play-The power of music
Valley of the kings in the time of papyrus, not ipads (Great issue for Social Studies)
- The Real King Tut!
- How the boy king died?
- Tut's widow seeks a husband
- Tut's Curse is it true?
- Opening his tomb
No boundary limits here since humans sought shelter - Let's Build!
- Createyour Dream Building
- Which innovations mattered most
- Why buildings cause contoversy
- How shape determines design? ( Great for Art)
Cobblestone: Discover America History
The Great American Road Trip
- Route 66: America's Main Street
- Billboards and Neon Signs
- Scenic Drives
- Get your game on!
- A Road Trip Story (Great for ELA)
Valley Forge: The Real Story
- How Bad was it?
- Steuben Takes Charge
- Discoveries in the dirt
- People as property
- Growing up
- Meet Eve
- Meet James Southall
- Classic Recipes (Great for ELA)