Flu Shot Vaccine!
October 5th to October 27th 2021
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older get a seasonal flu vaccine. People at high risk of serious flu complications include young children, pregnant women, people with certain chronic health conditions like asthma, diabetes or heart and lung disease and people 65 years and older. Many people at higher risk from flu also seem to be at higher risk from COVID-19. Parents should visit with their primary health care provider regarding getting their child the flu vaccine.
In addition to seasonal flu vaccinations, the District is reminding staff, students, and parents about basic prevention efforts, such as:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
- Cover coughs and sneezes. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with viruses that cause flu.
Flu Shot Clinics
Middle and High School Student Clinics 2021
- Axtell Building from 10:00 AM to NOON
- Memorial from 8:30 to 10:00 am
- Roosevelt High School from 3:00 to 4:30 pm
- McGovern Middle School from 8:30 to 10:00 am
- Lincoln High School from 3:00 to 4:30 pm
- Patrick Henry Middle School from 8:30 to 10:00 am
- Edison Middle School from 8:30 to 10:00 am
- Whittier Middle School from 8:30 to 10:00 am
- Washington High School from 3:00 to 4:30 pm
- Ben Reifel Middle School from 8:30 to 10:00 am
- Jefferson High School from 3:00 to 4:30 pm
Thank you for partnering with the SFSD to keep our classrooms healthy!
201 East 38th Street
Sioux Falls, SD