Gresham Go - To
Weekly Staying Connected
Week of November 2 - 8
THINGS TO DO:
1) Lloyd Center meeting
2) Election Day
3) Staff meeting and Christmas preparation
4) Free Food Market
5) Senior Chapel
6)Teen Youth Group
7) Rehearsals for recitals
8) Food pallet pick up
9) Donor relation talks
10) Decorating for Christmas in our house
11) Going thorough Angel Tree applications
12) Repairman coming over
... and the list goes on. This is a list of some of the things that are happening in our Ruwethin household this week. Whether it be places you have to be or things on your mind - we know in your households you have a lot of things going on too.
Remember this week that God IS WITH YOU wherever you are. AND wherever you are - YOU CAN SHOW GOD!! Let's let our words and our actions truly be an overflow of the grace of God in our hearts.
Matthew 5:13 - New International Version
"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
In the Message paraphrase of Matthew 5:13 it says "Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage."
Let's not lose our usefulness and let's God beauty be seen!
Majors Celestine and Shoshannah Ruwethin
Mid - Week Devotionals
Free Food Market - November 4
The senior program pick up time is between 10:30 am - 12 pm.
The food is great and for everyone! Please spread the word!
Trick or Treat Outreach
- From November 2 through December 31, Walmart customers will have the opportunity to round-up their purchase to the nearest dollar in order to make a financial contribution to The Salvation Army.
- The round-up option will be available to Walmart (not Sam’s Club) customers in-store, at manned cash registers (not self-check-out) and online, via Walmart.com and their app.
- Walmart Toy Registry is where you can purchase toys for the Angel Tree.
- (Amazon Wishlist is a second place where you can purchase toys for the Angel Tree).
Seasonal Bellringer Help Wanted!!
As we get nearer to the remembrance of God's gift to us at Christmas, we gear up to bless people. We remind families of God's love through a simple gift and a food box. We need your help this season in many areas. The first need is volunteer bellringers. Please let Major Shoshannah know when you/your group can ring the bell.
However, we understand that some may be looking for seasonal work. If that is you, please pick up an application at our Family Services front desk from 9 am - 12 pm, Monday - Thursday.
Our on-line Christmas application opened on Nov. 1 @ https://saangeltree.org. You enter your zip code to start the process.
You’ll want to be prepared to upload:
1) Your I.D. (i.e. driver’s license, state ID)
2) Proof of Residency (i.e. utility bill, lease)
3) I.D.s for children up to age 12 (i.e. birth certificate, school record)
We only have a certain number of slots and pray that we’ll be able to help you and your family this year.
You can also donate through the QR code right now through your mobile device.
Church Collection Goals
The Salvation Army's joy is to serve people in the name of the Lord. During this time, even more people need help. Families, businesses, and the church are financially struggling. This is where we as individuals can step out in faith and give to God what is His. Then we watch Him work.
The tithes, offering, and World Services collected help support this ministry's budget. We ask that you pray and determine with/for the Lord what you will commit to financially in this next budget year October 2020 - September 2021. Help invest into this church.
Click on the link to see what our small goals are for this year. We pray that we'll be able to out give ourselves!
Tithing Up Date
Office Closed on Nov. 11 for Veteran's Day
- Adult Sunday School - Facebook Watch Party
-Adult Sunday School (@ church)
-Worship Service (@ church),
-Facebook Live (The Salvation Army - Gresham Corps)
-12:00 pm Monday M'unch (@ church)
- 6:00 pm Soldiership/Salvation Army 101
-6:30 - 8 pm Women's Bible Study (Messenger Michelle VanAusdell/Marcia McQuade)
(Dinner from 6 - 6:30 pm if you can get there earlier.)
-6:30 - 8 pm Men's Bible Study at the church
- 6:00 - 8:00 pm Teen Youth Group (@ church)
*Food Pantry Open from 9 am - 12 pm Monday - Thursday. Closed on the first Wednesday of the month for Free Food Market.*