Delran High School Broadcast
July 14, 2022
A Message from Mr. Finkle!
Hello DHS Community! I hope that everyone has enjoyed their last month since school ended. We have a very busy summer here at DHS as we prepare for the 2022-23 school year.
Student Registration/Parent Portal
As previously communicated, the Parent Portal registration and paperwork sign-offs is up and running. You will be asked to do the following:
- Update your Health Insurance
- Verify your Contacts: If a person is not listed in your contacts, we will not release your child to that person.)
- Documents: We will ask you to certify that you will view the documents provided.
- Questions: We will ask you to answer questions concerning communication, sign-off on the handbook, academic honesty policy, medical information, and a host of other questions.
All of this must be accomplished in order for us to issue a Chromebook to your child in September and for you to sign-up your child for athletics. See Mr. Guidotti's column below for information on how to do that.
Click HERE for the video on Student Registration (Mandatory for EVERY student in the building).
Click HERE for sign-ups for Fall Sports.
Click HERE for completing the Student Parking Permit Survey.
Students In Good Standing
In order for a student to be considered in good standing status, a student must meet the following criteria:
satisfy the minimum academic requirements (no more than 1 class below a 60%).
be within the limits of the established discipline code (no more than 15 points).
be within the limits of the established attendance code (fewer than twelve (12) unexcused absences or lateness combined).
have no outstanding fines or obligations.
satisfied the Community Service requirement (Seniors only).
Realtime Registration(Parent Portal) has been completed by October 1.
A student who is found to NOT be in good standing will be ineligible for many privileges, including but not limited to the following: Homecoming, Prom, Graduation, Dances, Field Trips, participation in clubs, activities, and athletics.
Any student who is found to NOT be in good standing for any of the above reasons above will have the opportunity to appeal to the Principal or designee.
Senior Portraits will take place beginning on August 15th and concluding on August 18th. You will be receiving a postcard from Lifetouch Studios explaining how to schedule your child's sitting. If you are on vacation that week and not in town, make-up sessions will be scheduled in September. It is important for all Seniors to make appointments so that they can be included in the yearbook.
Please do not wait until the end of August to begin summer assignments! They are all listed on the school's website for your convenience. EVERY students who is taking a math class has an assignment and every student has a Summer Reading book.
By far, the biggest frustration with fall sports is that students come prepared to practice and their paperwork or physicals have not been completed and therefore they are not cleared to participate. Please be proactive! Physicals must be current (within the last 365 days). If your child has not had a physical within that time frame, make the appointment now! Once we receive the physical paperwork, it takes up to two weeks to have the school doctor approve the physical, making your child eligible.
Freshman Orientation will take place on August 24th. The PTA will be giving each incoming freshman a t-shirt. Please see the link below to order the correct size for your child!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me at email@example.com or (856) 461-6100 x3005.
Welcome Class of 2026
The PTA will be gifting each Freshman a Delran theme t-shirt so they can start the next four years with some school swag.
Please fill out this form by AUGUST 1st for your student to receive their t-shirt during orientation on August 24, 2022.
Freshman Orientation will take place on Wednesday, August 24th. Freshman ID pictures will be taken on this date. There will also be a parent orientation on the same day! For those new families, we look forward to welcoming you to Delran High School and into the DHS community. More information about this program will be communicated in August!
High School Happenings
- 7/16 ACT
- 7/18 BOE Meeting 6:00 pm @ DMS
- 8/4 Common App Sessions 10:00 am AND 1:00 pm
- 8/15 Senior Portraits by appointment through 8/18
- 8/24 Freshmen Orientation 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- 8/24 Freshmen Pictures
- 8/27 SAT
- 8/29 College Essay Course 9:00 am AND 1:00 pm
- 8/30 College Essay Course 9:00 am AND 1:00 pm
- 8/31 College Essay Course 9:00 am AND 1:00 pm
- 9/7 First Day of the 2022-23 school year
- 9/8 Senior Trip Meeting 6:00 pm
- 9/8 Back to School Night 6:45 pm
The following message was sent to all students in June via Canvas:
If your counselor was either Ms. Carey, Mr. Croly, or Mr. Zobel, please note that they are not in this summer nor do they have access to their Canvas account. If you have already messaged them, we have it and will reach out to you in the near future.
If you have a scheduling question, your new counselor (NOT Ms. Foster's kids) the new counselors will begin within the next couple of weeks. They will reach out with a welcome message and at that time, you can begin the conversation about the 2022-23 school year.
Thank you all for your understanding as we transition to new counselors.
NJ Association for College Admission Counseling
Virtual College Exploration is for all New Jersey Students. Explore this website as a great resource with over 150 recorded webinars!!
All students in 10th through 12th grades have an account, please see the Guidance Department Website for additional information.
All high school students are encouraged to explore college opportunities.
Mr. Guidotti's Update
For any students who are interested in signing up for a Fall 2022 sport at DHS, the district is no longer using FamilyID for registration. Realtime is the location for all registration. The registration process will be in the Parent Portal. In order to access the Parent Portal, you must:
1. Answer the questions that Mr. Finkle has provided.
2. Once the questions are answered, you will have access to the Parent Portal.
3. Select the Sign-up link on the left side of the page.
4. Locate the particular sport that you wish to sign your child up for.
5. Review and acknowledge the documents that are contained for your desired sport.
6. Once you have acknowledged the documents, you will be able to select sign up for your chosen sport.
In addition to registering for a sport, you must have the following completed in order to participate:
1. A valid physical
- a. Turn in any new physicals to the main office as soon as they are completed
- b. These forms can be found in the main office
2. Asthma Treatment Plan
- a. This form needs to be completed with the physician if your child currently has asthmas or using an inhaler
- b. This form can be found in the main office
3. If your child has vision that is worse than 20/40 in either eye, you must turn in a clearance note from an eye doctor with the completed physical
4. NJDOE Health History Update Questionnaire must be turned in to the main office before participation can occur. They are attached to the hard copies of the physical in the main office.
The start date for all Fall 2022 sports are:
Football August 10
Girls Tennis August 17
Cross Country August 22
Girls Soccer August 22
Boys Soccer August 22
Field Hockey August 22
Please have all physical and Realtime requirements completed and turned in at least one week prior to the start date listed above.
DELRAN HIGH SCHOOL NITTY GRITTIES
| || |
Stay informed with Mr. Finkle's previous Broadcasts!