Mrs. Dixon's Weekly Enewsletter
Home to Planet Dixon's Out of this World 3rd Graders!
We had a great week! It was so much fun to see some of their Genius Hour projects today! We tried to cram as many as we could but will make sure to have the rest present on Tuesday!
I will be on campus on Monday but will be at a math training all day so they will have another substitute. I absolutely hate being gone from my scholars BUT professional development is so important. They are in very good hands and I will see them on Tuesday ready for a fabulous week!!
100th Day Celebration-Tuesday Feb. 23rd 9-10 a.m.
SEES Family Math Night of the Century- come continue the fun and celebrate math from 6-7 p.m. on Thursday the 25th!
Report Cards and Goal-Setting Homework.
Report Cards went home on Friday 2/19. I am so very proud of each and every one of my scholars! Please celebrate their incredible progress!!
Now that we are entering Semester Two, we are looking at how we can end our 3rd grade year in success! For the writing portion of homework this week, students need to complete the 2 activities on Homework Google Classroom (reflection and goal setting sheet). Please click here for homework menu.
Note on A.R. Goals: I have met with all of my students and many have an important A.R. goal for 2nd semester that I will be checking in with and holding them accountable. Let's keep up the reading Planet Dixon scholars!
Book Fair, Dr. Seuss Week and Volunteer Mystery Readers?
March 2nd is Dr. Seuss’ birthday. The school is celebrating Dr. Seuss week the week of our book fair from March 7th-11th.
What is NEA's Read Across America?
The National Education Association's Read Across America is an annual reading motivation and awareness program that calls for every child in every community to celebrate reading the birthday of beloved children's author Dr. Seuss. At S.E.E.S., we plan to make this a week long celebration!
The Purpose of Read Across America
Motivating children to read is an important factor in student achievement and creating lifelong successful readers. Research has shown that children who are motivated and spend more time reading do better in school.
Want to be a Mystery Reader?
We are looking for volunteers to visit our classroom as guest readers or mystery readers. As a guest reader, you will read aloud the Dr. Seuss book of your choice. As a mystery reader, you will take the read aloud one step further and dress as a character from the book you read. If you are interested in helping us make Read Across America a Seuss-sational event, please email me to set up a time and choose a book.
Thanks so much for helping to bring literacy to life. Together we are inspiring students as readers and lifelong learners. Oh, the places they’ll go...
Our Book Fair Day is our normal library time- Tuesday Feb. 23rd- Students may bring in $ to shop or just preview the Book Fair.
Leader in Me
To Double Peak Families and Community Members,
Classrooms at Discovery and San Elijo Elementary Schools that have significant numbers of students who will attend Double Peak School next fall are already implementing The Leader In Me in our classrooms. I thought you might like to see some of the ways teachers and students are learning about The Leader in Me. Click here to access.
San Diego Festival of Science and Engineering March 5th-12th
- The San Diego Festival of Science and Engineering is a ten-day educational experience including interactive demonstrations, hands-on activities anddynamic speakers to engage kids and families in all that encompasses STEM (science, technology, engineering and math)- Kickoff is at Petco Park March 5th
- Check out STEM in our backyard- Vista March 6th
- Super STEM Saturday- CSUSM March 12th. Drop by anytime between 10 and 4 and explore interactive demonstrations and hands-on science activities at Super STEM Saturday, including rocket launches, build-a-robot stations, model displays, scientist chats and a obstacle course. Click here for more information.
Got Class Donations?
- Lysol Wipes
- hand soap
- hand sanitizer
- Mr. Sketch markers (they've officially taken my precious markers I use for posters hostage and I can't say no anymore when they beg to use them ;)
- Mon. Feb. 22nd- Sub- Mrs. Dixon on campus at Math Training
- Tues. Feb. 23rd- 100th Day Celebration
- Mon. Feb. 29th- Sub- Mrs. Dixon at Jury Duty -wish me luck :(
- Mon. March 7th- Field Trip to Rancho Adobe 8:45-12:30 Permission slips due Friday 19th
- Mon March 7th Picture Day (we will have to take pictures after Field Trip ;)