Seton Catholic Weekly
May 29 thru June 2, 2023
Spring Music and Band Concert Thursday!
***Students arrive at Holy Name @ 530pm.
Reminder: NO SCHOOL...
Playground Blessing and Amira Kromah Memorial Dedication
On May 19th, after mass, the new playground additon was blessed by first grader Anayah and the playground was dedicated in memory to her sister Amira Kromah... please continue to keep Amira and her family in your throughts and prayers.
The Sheboygan Knights of Columbus was Seton's partner of financial support, we are so thankful for their continued support and generosity.
From the office:
June 5th 8th Grade Retreat
Wednesday, June 7th School Picnic @ North Municipal Park 10-115pm
Thursday, June 8th 8th Grade Graduation, 6pm @ Holy Name of Jesus
Friday, June 9th Kindergarten Graduation and 7th grade Brat Fry at @ Miesfeld's in Sheboygan (DC trip fundraiser) 9am-3pm... ***7th graders and volunteers arrive at 8am
Have you checked out our facebook page?
Campus Ministry and student service
“So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
Carmelite Sisters visit on May 11th
We are currently busy looking for a new math program for grades PK-5th (see below), science for K-5, religion for all grades, as well as, fiction and non-fiction texts to add to our upper elementary and middle school ELA curriculum... building and deepening faith formation AND making students into lifetime readers!
Proposed HANDS-ON new science curriculum for grades PK-5th: Project Lead the Way https://www.pltw.org/our-programs/pltw-launch-curriculum
Proposed new math curriculum for grades PK-5th: Bridges bridges
We have a lot of great things going on so please share the great news! We score better than our neighboring Sheboygan public and private schools, we have smaller class sizes which allow for more individualized instruction. Here are some of the exciting things happening at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School...
New initiatives implemented or started this past year and this school year include:
- 75' "New Line Flat Display Panels" in classrooms
- Middle School "Wellness Room"
- Pearson Interactive Science curriculum 6-8
- Guidance counselor
- 2 Campus Ministers
- New school website
- Spelling curriculum K-5
- Lucy Caulkins Readers Writers Workshop curriculum K-5th
- Heggerty Phonemic Awareness curriculum 4K-3rd
- Teaching of handwriting and cursive using Handwriting Without Tears curriculum 4K-5th
- Middle school ELA curriculum with strong focus on faith and classic literature
- Faith integrated social studies curriculum 3-8
- Study of Wisconsin: Our State, Our Story curriculum 4-5
- Fountas and Pinnell Leveled Literacy Intervention System
- STEM Lab 1-8
- Community garden with plans for future rooftop beehive
- New ELKAY touchless drinking fountains throughout the building
- New playground additions (swing sets, gaga pit, etc.)
- Refurbished gym floor… and this is just the beginning!
***We would like to let you know about some changes in the Kohl's Cares Fundraising gift card program that we offer through our SCRIP program... Kohls gift cards cannot be applied to Kohl's Charge Card account balances.
Shop while also supporting Seton!
You can help us raise money by using gift cards instead of cash or credit to pay for everyday purchases like groceries, gas, dining out, that morning coffee addiction, even your family’s summer vacation. Please see the attached form for places in our community that with your patronage help us earn funds. Fill out the form below and your order will be filled and available for pickup at the school office.