We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
November 13th, 2015
- We celebrated our November birthdays! Happy birthday to 'Aine, Quinten, Adam, and Avery!
- We learned a little bit about Veteran's Day and how we should thank our veterans for being heroes. We even learned a song to help us thank the veterans we know in our lives.
Things we've learned...
- We learned the following high frequency words: have and is. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We learned the following Amazing Words: bloom, buds, fruits, petals, seeds, and stem.
- We learned the following letter and sound: Aa.
- In math, we continued learning how to compare numbers. We learned how to use the numbers 5 and 10 as benchmarks to compare numbers. We also learned how to find one more and one fewer.
- In Writer's Workshop, we continued writing fall personal narratives. We are truly enjoying learning about the writing process and telling our stories through pictures and labels.
Books we've read...
- Flowers by Vijaya Khisty Bodach
- Apples and Pumpkins by Anne Rockwell
- Thanksgiving Then and Now by Jessica Gunderson
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
Where The Wild Things Are
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.
- Please make sure your child’s name is on all homework, notes, etc.
- If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns. Thank you!
- To see more pictures from our days at School #6, check out our school page on the district website!