A PROCESS IN IRON CALLED AIR BLOWING
WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE WHY
- William Kelly invented Air Blowing.
- Born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on August 21, 1811.
- Henry Bessemer took credit for inventing it a few years after William Kelly invented it.
- He created the process of iron because of a shortage of charcoal.
- His invention helped create iron faster.
- His wife, Mildred Gracy, inspire him to purchase 14,000 acres leading him to manufacture iron.
- His process is still used today just done by machines instead
- This process helped turn Iron Ore into a form that can be formed.
- The process has become a lot more efficient as of today
- It helped allow other companies to create iron faster
- Air Blowing became an art or a skill to have but still used to make steel and iron
- The invention was made in Eddyville Kentucky.and it is used all over the world today.
- The invention slowly started to expand through out the world
- In the year 1851 he invented the process of making iron
- The process took a few years but he was not trying to invent a new way of making iron
- After finding out some one else had taken claim to what he invented he got an American patent in 1857
What's the Inpact
Steel and Iron is used in many of the homes and skyscrapers we build today. To make steel and iron it used to be done by hand and took a longer process. When William Kelly made the Air Blowing process it made it easy and quicker to make steel and iron. With out this process today it would take a lot longer to build anything make of iron or steel. What William Kelly invented changed the world forever.
- "William Kelly Biography (1811-1888)." William Kelly Biography (1811-1888). Web. 08 Mar. 2016.
- William Kelly." William Kelly. Web. 09 Mar. 2016.
- The Editors of Encyclopædia Britannica. "William Kelly." Encyclopedia Britannica Online. Encyclopedia Britannica. Web. 09 Mar. 2016.