Mine Hill Board of Education News
From the Superintendent
Hello Canfield Panthers!
I hope everyone is doing well and able to navigate the new normal in our public schools. October is such a fun time of year for our Panthers! With Halloween falling on a Saturday, I'm sure there will be plenty of Trick or Treating, parties, visits to neighbor's houses, and of course CANDY! As this is a holiday that typically brings family and friends together, please continue to be mindful of Social Distancing and mask wearing. We want to keep our entire learning community safe, and our school open for in-person learning!
Once the holiday season begins, I'm sure folks may wish to visit family and friends, some of which may require traveling out of the state. As a reminder, the State of NJ has issued an incoming travel advisory that all individuals entering New Jersey from states with a significant spread of COVID-19 should quarantine for 14-days after leaving that state. As a precaution, we ask that you do not send students for "in-person learning" after traveling to any of the listed states for at least 14-days. Also, if you become aware that your child may have had contact with someone that has tested positive, please keep them home and contact our school nurse for further instructions. Students that are home for any reason, should login for remote learning if they are healthy enough to do so, to receive credit for attending.
Some Important Upcoming Reminders:
- Tuesday, November 3rd is Election Day and ALL New Jersey Schools and Child Care Facilities will be closed to in-person learning. CAS will be Remote Only that day.
- Thursday and Friday, November 5th and 6th schools would normally be closed for the annual NJEA Convention. This year, CAS will be open.
- Halloween - Unfortunately, due to the health emergency, we will not be able to hold our annual parade, parties, nor Trunk or Treat. Please do not send any food or party favors to hand out to students. Mr. Zygmunt will send dates and further information for Halloween Themed Days.
- Daily Health Screening - Beginning November 2nd, ALL (In-Person and Remote) students will need to fill out a health screening EVERYDAY before school. Mr. Zygmunt has sent information regarding how to access the screening tool in the OnCourse Parent Portal. The screening tool is available NOW, and it is recommended that you give a try before November 1st, to be sure it works for you. It's a simple process that should take 30 seconds or less to do. Again, we appreciate your cooperation in keeping our students, teachers, and staff healthy!
- Picture Days - School Pictures will be taken on October 27th & 28th.
I want to thank our teachers, staff, parents, and students for keeping the learning moving along both in-person and remotely. Also, thank you to the Board of Education members for their support and assistance as we navigate through these difficult times.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out anytime!
Mixed Grade Level Activities
Thank you to Mr. Suarez for contributing this story to this Month's Newsletter!
Second Graders Create Brown Bag All About Me Slideshows
Submitted by Mrs. Graney