Welcome back to CVHS! As I've stated earlier, I look forward to meeting everyone and working with you and your child to have an amazing year!
As a reminder, Mr. Heller will be the Athletic Coordinator and Assistant Principal and Mr. Tomm will still be the Athletic Director, but will also be assisting the school and district as Director of Pupil Services. Mr. Heller, Mr. Tomm, and I are all here to help you in any way!
A big “Thank You” to our custodial staff for all of their hard work getting our building ready for students—the building looks great!
We'd like to welcome the following new staff to our CVHS building: Austin Lewis(Physics), Matthew Wilson (Art), Jeanette Wurtz (Special Education), Sue Dutter (from MS-Science), Dee Bigalow (from MS-Science), Erin Moody (from CB-computer aide), Jackie Buckland (from MS-Aide), Bonnie Brown (Aide), Megan Walsh (Library Clerk), and Venetia Carey (Aide). Welcome!
A few other reminders as we start the new school year:
● Students may not enter the academic hallways until 7:32 a.m. Students coming to school before 7:32 a.m. should report to the HS Cafeteria or wait in the Athletic Hallway.
● Cell phones are permitted in the hallways and cafeteria of the high school, but are only permitted in classrooms at teacher’s discretion when being used as a mobile learning device for instruction. Students using cell phones in an unauthorized area will be subject to consequences.
● Book bags are also not permitted in classrooms. They should be stored in lockers during the school day.
● Free breakfast for ALL STUDENTS will be offered starting this year. In addition to the cafeteria, a vending machine offering a cold “grab and go” breakfast will be available.
● All students grades 7-12 will be using Chromebooks instead of IPads.
Regular attendance is an integral part of your child’s education. If your child is going to be late or absent from school, please call the 24 hour attendance line at 762-6931 and state the reason for the absence.
Please see the website or the District’s Facebook or Twitter page for upcoming “Coffee with the Principal” sessions—please feel free to stop in and chat-I’d love to hear from you! You can also reach me by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (762-6900). You can follow me on Twitter at @cvhsprincipal2.
Thank you, and I hope everyone has a smooth start to the school year!