NEW WORDS EVERY 2 WEEKS
Each grade level will be responsible for 1 of the 6 words.
For Example: Kinder has the word ENGAGE
The first week in class, they will hang the word in their room and discuss the definition, use it in a sentence, and work to understand it completely.
During the 2nd week, the students can come up with creative ways to teach the rest of the school their word.
These Examples would be:
- Use an iPad to make a video (Link a QR Code to Video)
- Make posters promoting your word
- Talk about the word on the announcements
- Send students around to each class to talk about the word
- Hang up sentences using the word
- Take photos of the word in action
- Write a short story using the word
- Learn how to spell the word
and/or whatever else you can come up with.
Hang your posters, email your videos or post qr codes around the school, send students around to classes to teach the word, do the announcements, or whatever it is you've created, get it out to the rest of the school during the second week.
WORD UP LEVELS!
All students will start as rookies and all students will have a chance to move up as many levels as they would like. Wrist bands will be used for levels 2 thru 5 and when a student reaches level 2 thru 5 they will receive a wrist band for that level from the principal.
Teachers will nominate students to move up through the levels.
A poster will be available that shows what constitutes a student moving up through the levels. When you notice the student using the words, whether in writing and/or in speaking, you can have the student move up to the next level.