Edmond Doyle News January 5th, 2017
PLEASE make sure your child is on time and at school unless they are sick and need a doctor's care. Being on time is so important-when your child is late they miss out on instructions and morning work. Morning work is a very important way to review skills and help teachers know what your child understands and what they need to relearn. Being late really sets your child's day up for failure and stress. It is very difficult to get ready for school-all of us have children or grandchildren and we understand. Try several techniques to get to school on time;
- Take showers at bedtime
- Pick out clothes at night
- Have homework & papers to be signed done at night and placed in backpack by the door
- Go to bed early enough so it's easier for your child to get up on time
- Get up 15-30 minutes earlier if being on time is difficult for your family
- EARLY CHECKOUTS UNLESS FOR DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS NEED TO BE AVOIDED-OUR STUDENTS WORK UNTIL 3:00-THANKS!
Please remember that everyone gets 5 tardies for the SEMESTER. After 8:15 it is a tardy and being checked out between 2:00 and 3:00 is a tardy without a doctor's note. On the 6th tardy, your child will go to academic detention. Everyone gets 10 undocumented absences-after 10 you will get a costly ticket. More importantly, your child misses out on valuable learning time and the life skill of being punctual is not learned.
If your child is in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade they will be getting a press release from Reasoning Mind for you to fill out. Our school gets Reasoning Mind this year for free, because we are a model school for them. On January 24th, they will bring a camera crew to interview teachers and students. They will be filming our kids working on the program. If you are ok with them being in the video-check yes, if not check no. We want to help Reasoning Mind, because of the generosity in allowing us to continue their program. Our math test scores are always amazing-this is due to great teachers using a great program. Thanks for your consent.
Our 4th graders will be going on Friday, January 13th to Mt. Triumph Baptist Church to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. We are always excited to get to participate in this event. After the ceremony, they will be treated to a yummy lunch. It is an honor for us to get to go.
- Monday, January 9th-McAlester Public School's School Board Meeting will be held at Edmond Doyle at 6:30 p.m. It will be School Board Appreciation Night as well.
- Monday, January 16th-Martin Luther King, Jr. Day-NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, January 24th-Reasoning Mind films at our school
- Thursday, February 2nd-3:30-6:15 Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Friday, February 3rd-8:00-12:00 Parent/Teacher Conferences NO SCHOOL for students
- Tuesday, February 14th-Valentine's Day party-teachers will let you know time and needs
Go to www.togethercounts.com and vote for us a new playground.
Collect Box Tops for our school!