Happy Wednesday! Mass, Enrollment, and Volunteer Hours!
I am so excited to have all of the kids back on campus. This will be the first mass all year that will have all of our students in attendance. Yesterday, I went in to the church to map out the grades, with social distancing, and we can fit everyone. So, we will continue with the 11 am Thursday masses, but now we will have everyone present. YAY!
This is the last week for re-enrollment for the 2021-22 school year. You can still enroll online at https://hr-wa.client.renweb.com/pwr/ If you run into tech problems or need other assistance, please contact Ms. Nina at 253-272-7012 or email@example.com. For more info about the plans for next year, scroll down.
Do you need volunteer hours? If so, we have a deal for you! For each person who registers for the auction and is an active bidder, you will receive 2 volunteer hours. So, get grandma and grandpa, aunts, uncles, and all of your friends and family to help you out while they help the school with the auction. As long as they are registered and actively bidding on items, you will receive 2 hrs per person. Just give us a list of who is attached to you and we will add those hours!
Have a wonderful week!
Very Important Upcoming Events:
- Thurs, Feb. 25th - All School Mass at 11 am
- Fri, Feb. 26th - Pay -2 - Dress ($2.00) Any student who pays $2.00 to support our NPH orphans can wear free dress instead of their uniform. Appropriate attire, please.
- Sun, Feb. 28th - Last Day for Current Families to Register and Lock in Spot for 21-22
- Mon, Mar. 1st - Open Registration for New Families
- Thurs, Mar. 11th - End of Trimester 2
- Fri, Mar. 12th - Archdiocesan Curriculum Day/Professional Development (No school for students in grades 1st- 8th)
- Fri, Mar. 19th - Report Cards go Home
- Mon, Mar. 29th - Auction Website goes Live
- Fri, Apr 2nd - Good Friday (Noon Dismissal for All Students)
- Mon, Apr 5th - Fri, Apr 9th - Easter Vacation
- Wed, Apr. 14th - Fri, Apr. 16th - Silent Auction!!
- Sat, Apr. 17th - Live Auction (Virtual)
- Mon, May 3rd - Fri, May 14th - Spring Fundraiser: Read-A-Thon
School Plans for 2021-22
- Currently, we are projecting that our stand alone classes will be: PK, K, 1, and 4
- At this point, our multi-age classrooms will be 2/3, 5/6, and 7/8 (Depending on enrollment)
- We are planning on ALL of our teachers returning for next year. This is great news! With that said, contracts do not get signed for a couple more months. So, this is not set until contracts/covenants are signed.
- Based on current guidance from the Health Dept and the State of Washington Department of Health, we believe that social distancing requirements and masks will be in place for next fall. Because of this, no class will be larger than 24 students.
- We would like to offer Extended Care after school, but will not know of our availability until we get closer and have a better sense of COVID restrictions with mixing student groups.
Book Fair --Let's spring into reading, the book fair is coming! Our virtual Scholastic Book Fair will be held on March 15-28. Keep your kids reading and support our school at the same time! Thank you to all who supported our Fall Book Fair. We had a total profit of $598 and earned $149 to spend on books for the school!
Thank You--A big thank you to our volunteers Rhonda Kristoff, Janelle Costanti and Mary Jane Long for your continued help in getting the library books labeled and organized. And thank you to Veronica Corral for refreshing our hallway bulletin board. We love our volunteers!
- Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius sold family furniture at auction to satisfy debts.
- Founded in 1674 by Baron Claes Rålamb, Stockholms Auktionsverk is the oldest auction house still in business.
- Candles were used in the 1700s at auctions to declare the winner. If you were the high bidder at the time when the candle extinguished itself, you won the auction.
- The most expensive ever sold at auction, the Clark Sickle-leaf carpet, which was woven in Persia sometime around 1700, sold for a jaw-dropping $33.7 million at a Sotheby's New York sale in 2013.
Stay tuned for more information on our auction. Registration will begin March 29th!
Last Year's Auction: The Roarin' 20s
Tommy Hilfiger Uniform Sale
Go to: https://www.globalschoolwear.com/ and type in our school name. It will come up as Holy Rosary Bilingual Academy - Tacoma (Holy08)
Fleece jackets and sweaters are only available through Tommy Hilfiger.