Third Grade News
Room 11 on the Move
Butterflies in Bloom
A focus on grades
1. Invite your child to view parent portal with you, and together make a list of the missing assignments' titles and page numbers.
2. Give the list to your child and tell him/her to look in his/her purple folder inside his/her desk. If you student doesn't find it there, he/she should clean out the desk and look to see if it has been stuck someplace else.
3. After your child has cleaned out his/her desk, he/she is welcome to bring the list to me. I'm happy to provide an extra copy of the assignment, as long as I have titles and page numbers. I don't count off for late work, and your child may take it home for homework if he/she feels there isn't time in class.
Pirate Ships on the horizon
Pirate Spelling Words
The Academic Rundown
- In reading, we'll finish up last week's realistic fiction focusing on point of view and enjoy some pirate poetry.
- In ELA, we'll be reviewing third-grade grammar and learning pirate vocabulary.
- In math, we'll study factors of counting numbers.
- In science, we'll finish up our life-cycle unit.
Our Week at a Glance
Monday -- Pirate week kick offTuesday -- Reading/vocabulary test, using last weeks vocabulary
Thursday -- year book signing, multiplication quiz
Friday -- pirate spelling test