The Cuban Revolution
By: Hannah Olson
More on Fulgencio Batista's President/Dictatorship
- He ruled from 1952 to 1959
- He was elected president before he became dictator
- He was elected several times
- He went to US and came back and ran for presidency again
- Once being elected he worked with wealthy landowners
- Murders and orders began to happen
How did the Government Respond to Fidel's first attack?
He was then put in jail for 15 years. Then he was released after his time in the prison Model Prison on the Islands of Isla de Pinos.
"But I do not fear prison, as I do not fear the fury of the miserable tyrant who took the lives of 70 of my comrades. Condemn me. It does not matter. History will absolve me."
How did Fidel Castro Organize the Attacks?
"26th of July Movement" He then fled to Mexico with his brother Raul Castro, where they both met with Argentine Marxist-Leninist Che Guevara, and together they put together a small Revolutionary group made to overthrow Fulgencio Batista.
Picture: Marxist-Leninist Che Guevara