Coach Spotlight ~ Michelle Zurick
Pennsbury Falcons Cheerleading Association
Can you find Coach Michelle???
Q & A with Coach Michelle!
Get to know our 2nd featured coach of the week...Coach Michelle Zurick!
1. How long have you been a part of the PFCA organization?
I served as Competition Coordinator during the 2007-08 season and acted as Co- President from 2008-2010. I coached a fabulous Pee Wee Level 1 team during the 2013 season and a Youth Level 2 team for the last 2 incredible seasons. My daughter, Brianna, cheered for PFCA for many years and now helps me coach her sister, Jennifer. It is truly a family affair!
2. What is your favorite cheerleading quote?
3. What's your advice to a new cheerleader?
I always tell new cheerleaders to give themselves some TIME! It takes consistent hard work to perfect a new skill and no one should expect it overnight! And don't forget to have FUN!
4. What's your advice to a veteran cheerleader?
My more seasoned cheerleaders need to always be humble and remember what it was like when they were brand new. Be patient and kind to your cheer sisters that are still learning their way. BE A LEADER!!
5. What is the best part of coaching a PFCA team?
The best part of working with a team is watching them get to know each other and bond throughout the season. There is also a HUGE difference in the skills they come in with and what they end the season with, and I love seeing that progression.
6. What's your favorite song to get you and your team pumped up?
My Pee Wee team had adopted Rachel Platten's "FIGHT SONG" a couple of seasons ago and I still really love it!
7. (Giggle, giggle...) Is there a song you never want to hear again? ;)
Maybe I could do without "Whip and Nae Nae." I heard that a few too many times this past season! ;)
8. What memory/keepsake do you want PFCA cheerleaders to take away with them at the end of a season?
Over a season these girls will have wins and losses; it's part of competitive cheerleading. But ALWAYS be a good sport, remember the amazing friendships you make, and remember how great it feels to reach your goals and be part of a team and sport that you love.
11. Any other thoughts?
I can't wait to see what next season has in store for us!!!
12. Oh! Do you have a favorite candy??
Yes! Hands down... TWIX BARS!!!