MCHS Counseling Scoop
March 14, 2018
Colleges That Change Lives - Presentation
- How to help your student find a PERSONAL, ACADEMIC and FINANCIAL “fit” for their college experience
- Common myths about the college application process
- Tips to de-stress the college process
- How to maximize scholarship offerings
Monday, March 19, 6 pm in Room S-11Flyer information. Seating is limited please RSVP here
Empower STEM Conference at UCSD
Empower High School Conference aims to inspire high school students to follow a career in the STEM field. At Empower, participants will have the opportunity to network with UCSD students and faculty, engage in hands-on engineering workshops, and also learn about the many opportunities that a STEM degree can provide. Saturday May 19th. Free - Registration required.
State Seal of Biliteracy
Course Selection Info
We have resumed our one-on-one meetings with students to guide them in Course Selection for next year- View Schedule here. Please be sure to bring your transcript and student course selection packet with you! Remember: Course Selection is NOT a first come first served event - everyone has equal access to classes until the window closes on 3/30.
- Check out all the resources available here
- FAQs regarding Course Selection
- AP Informational Meetings - (Art History, Bio, APEL next week) for students interested in taking an AP class next year.
- CORRECTION: Fitness and Conditioning was accidentally omitted from the PE section. Please use course number 001403 to select.
When students enter their 15 courses for next year it becomes our blueprint for building the master schedule, what classes we will offer, how many teachers we need etc. That is why we allow you ample time to make your selections and ask you to select alternates. If enough students don't sign up for a particular course we do not run the class, and would like to know your second choice rather than guessing at your replacement class (in the event that we are forced to do this). Entering your 15 courses does not "create" your schedule. In fact, we undergo a huge process from April-June to build a school-wide schedule that involves many staff members. Schedules will not be generated or visible until school starts in August