2nd Grade Scoop
Mayfield Junior School - February 8, 2016
Gung Hay Fat Choy!
Family Valentine Heart Due Today! This week's Spelling Test on Thursday.
Faith Matters - Lent Begins
Let's make our Lenten promises more meaningful this year. If we pray more, and do more for others, especially those who need our help, we certainly will grow closer to God.
Party for Valentine's Day and Mardi Gras on Tuesday!
Grandparents and Special Friends Day Friday
Mayfield’s annual Grandparents’ and Special Friends’ day is Friday. We look forward to meeting and welcoming our guests and your loved ones. The day begins with valet parking and registration at 8am, Mass at 8:30am, followed by classroom visits, visits to art, science, drama and P.E., a photo booth, and refreshments.
Remember to complete the online form https://www.mayfieldjs.org/podium/default.aspx?t=36644&rid=15723. All families must complete the form for attendance purposes. The students have concert dress with Valentine's Day accessories, and 11am dismissal that day. There will be no after school care that day.
Science and Technology Project
Spelling Words - the /ow/ vowel sound in cow; spelled 'ow' and 'ou'
The spelling test will be on Thursday this week. There will be no second list.
1. My grandma is coming from out of town.
Dates to Check
- February 8: Chinese New Year begins!! Family Valentine due
- February 9: Classroom party for Mardi Gras and Valentines Day
- February 10: Ash Wednesday Service; 9:10am
- February 12: Grandparents and Special Friends Day. Mass at 8:30am. Concert dress with Valentine's Day accessories and 11am dismissal.
- February 15-19: Winter Break
- March 3: AGAPE Prayer Service (4:00pm in the HPAC)
- March 24: Holy Thursday; 12n dismissal (Stations of the Cross at 8:30am)
- March 25: Good Friday; Easter Break begins (School resumes on 4/4)
- April 12: Play at the San Gabriel Mission Playhouse
- May 4: Field Trip to the Cathedral