Tech Tip Tuesday
Want one-on-one coaching with this tech tool? Just ask!
June 2: Create Contact Groups in Gmail
By creating a contact group for your granbyschools.org email, you can easily send emails to a group of students or colleagues. Once you create a contact group you simply email the group without having to manually enter each member's email address. This is an easy way to quickly contact whole classes, committees, or even extracurricular clubs.
- Go to your mail homepage.
- Select the dropdown arrow located next to "Mail" (in red letters on the left hand side of the screen).
- Select "Contacts" from the dropdown menu.
- Select "New Group" and name it.
- Once the group is created, select the group so that it is in red lettering.
- Select the "Add to" button which has an image of a figure and a plus sign.
- Type the name of a contact and select "Add" after clicking on their contact info.
- Once you have created the group, simply type the name of the group in the "To" section of emails that you are composing.
Creating Contact Groups in Google Apps and Gmail