IMPORTANT CHANGES 7/21/2020
Yesterday, we announced a staggered start for July 30 and 31 for all on-campus learners. Link here if you missed that update.
Today, we have two announcements:
- Students in grades 4-12 who attend school on-campus will now adhere to a staggered schedule for the first two weeks of school. Traditional learners in grades K-3 will attend school Monday through Friday as originally planned.
- To allocate resources and serve all students, we must set deadlines for switching between instructional options.
Please review the details associated with these two changes in the text below.
STAGGERED ATTENDANCE FOR TRADITIONAL LEARNERS IN GRADES 4-12 (August 3 - August 14)
We can expect three models for scheduling during the new school year for traditional learners.
- Our base plan shared earlier in July covers daily routine attendance.
- A fully digital schedule would be required if schools must close.
- Staggered attendance would include a combination of digital and on-site learning and may differ from school-to-school or grade-to-grade.
Note: Staggered attendance doesn't affect full-time digital learners
For the first two full weeks of school (August 3 - August 14), on-campus learners in grades 4-12 will attend school DAILY, on the following staggered schedule: (Again, students in grades K-3 will attend school in-person)
- Last names A-K will attend school in-person on Monday and Wednesday. These same students will be digital learners on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Last names L-Z will attend school in-person on Tuesday and Thursday. These same students will be digital learners on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Attendance will be taken daily.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES
- Maryville Academy students will attend school in-person Monday through Friday.
- Buses will run as normal for all students, Monday through Thursday. On Fridays, buses will run for students in grades K-7 only, with service for 8-12 students and special populations, as needed.
- CDC students will be contacted by their case manager to work out attendance details.
- On the days when students are not scheduled for in-person school, childcare will be offered on a limited basis through Adventure Club at CGIS and MRIS. Students with parents who are essential workers will be prioritized.
- Full Adventure Club capacity will be available on Fridays.
- Students enrolled in Adventure Club on digital days will have access to online digital learning from the onsite teachers.
LIMITS SET FOR SWITCHING INSTRUCTION
Based on the instructional options available and the selections made for each student, we now have classes loaded and teachers assigned. However, we are seeing that some families are reporting a change of heart almost daily. As noted originally, we want families to have options and we want to offer the flexibility to switch. However, we are now forced to put some limits on that process.
To better serve all students, we must ask those who wish to switch to abide by the following schedule:
- To change the instructional option you originally selected and make it effective at the beginning of school (July 30), your school must receive that request via email or phone call before noon, July 22.
- The next opportunity to switch will be Labor Day. Your school must have your request to switch before noon, September 2, which will allow your student to switch instruction type on September 8.
- The next opportunity to switch will be Fall Break. Your school must have your request to switch before noon, September 30, which will allow your student to switch instruction type on October 14 (upon returning from Fall Break).
- As shared originally, after school starts, we must limit switching to one time only.
Any requests received after the deadline will apply to the next opportunity to switch.
To request a switch, please call your school.
As always, if a student or family encounters circumstances that would require an immediate change in instruction, do not hesitate to contact your school.
PARENT AND GUARDIAN
** TO DO LIST **
Complete the ANNUAL RETURNING STUDENT VERIFICATION process. If you did not receive a SNAPCODE, please contact your school. LINK HERE
DEADLINE TO SWITCH
Only those who wish to switch from the original (or most recent) selection of instruction as communicated to the school must call the school by noon on July 22.
PAY USER CHARGE (Grades 4-12)
Go online to pay your iReach User Charge. LINK HERE