Big Kahuna Fundraiser
Students who participate in the fundraiser will have the opportunity to collect HedgeHogz collectables and a Monster Party Limo ride!
All money raised goes directly back into our school for items such as student incentives and campus/classroom equipment additions!
We appreciate your support!
The Big Kahuna Fundraiser will run from September 3rd-September 24th. Items estimated delivery date is October 15th. Big Kahuna Party Bus date: TBD
Visit Big Kahuna Website here: https://bigkahunaprime.com/
Thursday Orange Folders
- Upcoming events
- Graded papers
- Progress Reports (every 5th week of the 9 weeks). This will let you know the progress your student is making before the report card is sent home the 9th week of school.
- Report Cards every nine weeks. Report cards for the first nine weeks will be sent home October 22nd.
- Other important school announcements
1) At the elementary level, students are considered absent if they come to school 20 minutes after the start of the school day or if they are checked out from school 20 minutes before the end of the school day.
-Upon returning to school after being absent, late to school, leaving early from school, or sent home, the student must bring a note that is signed by the parent/guardian that describes the reason for the absence
-When a student incurs three or more unexcused absences within a four-week period, the law requires the school to send notice to the parent. The notice will:
- Remind the parent of his or her duty to monitor the student’s attendance and require the student to attend school;
- Request a conference between school administrators and the parent; and
- Inform the parent that the district will initiate truancy prevention measures.
A court of law may impose penalties against the parent if a school-aged student is deliberately not attending school. The district may file a complaint against the parent if the student incurs ten or more unexcused absences within a six-month period in the same school year.
2) Attendance for Credit or Final Grade (All Grade Levels) To receive credit or a final grade in a class, a student must attend the class at least 90 percent of the days it is offered. A student who attends fewer than 90 percent of the days the class is offered will be referred to the attendance review committee. The committee will determine whether there are extenuating circumstances for the absences and how the student can regain credit or a final grade.
*Please note students who are positive for COVID (with appropriate documentation) do NOT incur unexcused absences, therefore the above attendance laws do NOT pertain. Students who are electively quarantined (with appropriate documentation) will be excused absences as well.
Student Absence Notifications
Parents can now enter a future absence through Family Access. *Please note that an absence note still has to be sent to the office via paper or email.
To enter future absences in family access, go to absence requests. This will notify the school that the student will be absent.
*Any time your child is absent, please send a note to school so the absence can be coded accordingly.
- Doors open at 7:00 a.m.
- Breakfast begins at 7:00 a.m.
- Tardy Bell rings at 7:45 a.m.
****If you are dropping your student off after 7:40, please park your car and escort your student inside the building. There will be no staff outside the building after 7:40 and we want to ensure that all students make it inside. Do NOT let your student out of your vehicle and drive off.
- Dismissal will start at 3:20. PLEASE DO NOT LINE UP UNTIL 3:00! Lining up too early
- In the beginning, the line may take more time to clear while children are getting used to the procedures. Once we get the process down, the line clears in about 7-10 minutes. Please be patient with us for the first few weeks.
- Please follow the path (see arrows on map) when lining up. *NEW: Students will load in double lanes (Please stay in 1 line until you are prompted to the double lane.)
- Please stay in your vehicle
- Please have your car rider tag visible so that our caller can easy view your child's name- hold it, stick it in the driver's side window, or put it on your visor. This ensures the line moves quickly.
- Please bring your car rider tag with you every day. To ensure the safety of our students, we will not release your student to you without the tag.
Car Rider Tag
You will be given several cards (each card can be cut to make two cards) to accommodate multiple vehicles and/or guardians who may need to pickup up a student.
Parents and students can access their bus stop location, route, and pick up time on the Traversa Ride 360™ mobile app. The app uses GPS geolocation to show bus arrivals each day, drastically reducing support calls.
Access to real-time data ensures that students are at the right place at the right time.
- See stop location, assigned route, and scheduled pick up time
- GPS geolocation shows when to expect the bus each day
- Consistent and up to date with routes set in Traversa
- Mobile, Easy to Use
Traversa Ride 360 can be accessed via the web or mobile app.
Please use the following link to register for Springtown ISD Ride 360 app. Reminder you may also download the app using any Smart phone. Springtown ISD Transportation department will be utilizing the Traversa Ride 360 applications throughout the year to notify parents of any changes to the route or times.
Dear Reno Families,
Welcome back to the 2021-2022 school year!
This year your child will be bringing homework that is optional. We are sending homework to strengthen students' understanding of skills being taught in class. The more practice they get, the stronger they will be in understanding the concepts.
Many parents have asked what they can do to help their child at home. Assisting your child with this homework will allow for more time to expand upon subjects or skills. Parental assistance can provide relatable reasons for learning standards, and assist children in retaining information in greater depth. Parents have experience and expertise in a variety of subject matter and life experiences to help increase relevance, making concepts taught at school more meaningful.
If your child is struggling with some of the homework, and you do not know how to assist them, skip those portions. The goal is for them to complete as much as possible.
We know many children have after school activities. It may be more feasible to complete portions of the homework throughout the week and the remainder through the weekend. Homework can be turned in on Mondays.
As always, we are here for our students and families. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call and or email your child’s teacher or the office at 817-221-5001.
Jenna Showers, Principal of Reno Elementary
Breakfast and Lunch Prices
Students do have the option to purchase items such as chips and/or ice cream with a note that states the have parent permission to purchase these items. This note will be kept on file all year.
Ice Cream and Chips are $1 each.
K-4th Lunch Menu
Pre-K Lunch Menu
Family Access is a website that allows you to keep up with your child's grades. If you do not have Family Access and would like to sign up, return this form to Joann Reyna @firstname.lastname@example.org