By: Kennedy LeMieux
Lesions are usually:
- 2-5 millimeters in diameter
- small, shiny, and smooth lesions
- white, pink, or flesh colored lesions
- firm and dome shaped with a dent in the middle
- on face, torso, arms, legs
- found anywhere but palms of hands or soles of feet
- can be frozen off with liquid nitrogen or laser therapy
- topical treatment: podophyllotoxin cream, salicylic acid
- oral treatment- less painful than liquid nitrogen and laser therapy and can prevent scarring
- only affects skin
- typically cured without any treatment (6-12 months)
- lesions can worsen into a bacterial infection if not cured within 6-12 months
Impact On Life
"Molluscum Contagiosum." Healthline. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Apr. 2016.
"Molluscum Contagiosum." Molluscum Contagiosum. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Apr. 2016.
"Molluscum Contagiosum." : Background, Etiology, Epidemiology. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Apr. 2016.