Monday Morning Message (9/8/2015)
Every Child - Everyday!
Another great week! It is always nice to go into an engaging classroom. Often times I am at meetings and constantly reminded of STAAR testing, threats of litigation, and deadlines. It is easy to temporarily lose focus of what is most important. The most important thing at NMS is the interactions that you all have with our students each day. We are going to mold them into model citizens, or we are going to allow them to be something or someone else. We have them for at least 8 hours each day and they are ours! Thank you for owning our kids and not "passing the buck." Phrases such as "They are just raised that way," "They don't know better," or "They can't do it" do not apply at NMS. Thanks again for owning our kids and saying YES to the challenge that we have this year. Have a great week!
Mrs. Howard and Ms. Henton are really making a difference!
That robot thingee was really cool. It had its own personality.
Reminders & Information
- Time Clock - Remember to clock in and out each day. Missing a clock in or out once or twice is okay, but if it is a persistent problem it may affect your PDAS appraisal.
- Please be at your door during transitions. If you are on your conference period please come out and help to monitor the hallways.
- Remind your students to walk on the right side of the hallway during the passing periods.
- Do not let students out of class without a pass that includes their name, destination, time, date. We are trying to reduce the amount of time that students are out of the classroom and we would like to be able to quickly determine where they should be.
- Our first faculty meeting will be on September 9th, 2015 @ 7:15 AM. Future faculty meetings will be on the 1st Wednesday of the month.
- Teacher Self Report I (TSR I) is due: September 10, 2015.
- Teacher Website Updates are due: September 16, 2015.
- Safe Schools Online modules are due: September 30, 2015.
Remember, we are the Best school with the Best students and the Best faculty and staff. Good, Better, Best!!! Never let it rest, until your good gets better and your better gets best!