Paulo Panther Weekly
Weekly events and announcements: 02/19/23 - 03/03/23
Congratulations to Our Girl's Volleyball Team
Coach Schrell and the 75 Girls rocked the finals with a phenomenal win over IS34, on Feb 16th. They brought so much Paulo Pride to our school! Congrats Ladies!
This was the first year of interschool sports and the first volleyball championship!
GO Panthers!!! Our Team players:
#15 Chloe Vasallo
#14 Daria Fedonenko
#8 Avery Au
#10 Ella DiStefano
#17 Crystal Tun
#1 Mikayla Ivackovic
#21 Maria Ibrahim
#2 Demi Gabbidon
#4 Victoria Lishchynska
#16 Angelina Cariddi
#5 Mariya Grishina
#7 Alivia Piccallo
#3 Ava Glatman
#6 Emily Satafia
#9 Serena Salerno
February is Black History & Cultural Diversity Month at Paulo
“Cultural differences should not separate us from each other,
but rather cultural diversity brings a collective strength that can benefit all of humanity”
SECOND MARKING PERIOD REPORT CARDS & PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES
The date for the winter 2023 Parent/Teacher Conferences at Paulo is:
Thursday, March 16th (12:20 – 2:20 pm & 4:30 -7:30 pm)
Parent/Teacher conferences scheduled for Thursday 03/16 will take place by phone.
The 2nd Marking Period Report Card was distributed on the NYC Schools accounts on Monday February 6th.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ARISTA
The mission of the Paulo Arista Society is to make the qualities of scholarship, citizenship, and service function as a beacon of excellence for all members of the school community. To communicate this mission, Paulo has made the requirements for inclusion in Arista (8th grade), Junior Arista (7th grade) and Honor Society (6th grade) as follows:
1. Scholarship – Academic average of at least 91.00% in each marking period with no grade, in any subject, below 80 or “S”. Please note that a course grade of 79 or lower precludes a student from Arista.
2. Citizenship – No citizenship grade below “S” (Satisfactory) in any marking period.
3. Service – The attainment of at least 25 service credits per school year.
4. Attendance/Punctuality – Students absent more than 10 days per school year are precluded. Also, students who are picked up early from school five or more times in a given semester are also precluded from this recognition.
Please see the Student Handbook for a more in-depth explanation of criteria for the Paulo Arista Society.
Service credit is a form of school-based volunteer work where students are acknowledged for their meaningful contributions. In-school service can be in the form of classroom monitoring, being a member of a school team, or even just participating in a spirit event.
Students are encouraged to participate in as many activities as possible. School service, partnered with a dedication to their academics, builds a strong foundation for the well-rounded student. Students are afforded opportunities throughout the year to earn these credits. Participation in out-of-school charitable events or organizations does not count for service credits. Participation in said events are recognized separately. Letters of participation in community-based service can be sent in to Mr. Herrmann, who will catalog their efforts and count them toward the Philanthropy Award (given to deserving graduates).
Preliminary Registration for Incoming 6th Grade
If you have a future 6th grader zoned for our school, please complete the preliminary registration online. Middle School results will go out in April.
Or type the following URL code: https://app.operoo.com/public_forms/1714433/new
Parents were emailed an invite for Jupiter Ed on Weds. Nov 9th. Students received letters in advisory last week with log in directions and information for those who have not already signed up. Any questions, please reach out to Mr. Simone via email TSimone3@schools.nyc.gov. Jupiter Ed. is strictly being used for grade purposes only.
Next PTA meeting March 2st on Zoom
The PTA Needs your help to ensure the Spring Auction, which is scheduled for Thursday, April 20, 2023 at the Grand Oaks Country Club. We are asking for a voluntary, monetary donation of $10 per family. Funds raised will go towards the purchase of prizes for the auction. We hope to buy big ticket items such as gaming systems, TVs, Mac Products, sports & concert tickets, luxury goods, and more.
In addition to monetary funds, we hope to collect gift card donations. No amount is too small! Gift cards can be sent in with your child in an envelope marked "Auction Gift Card Donation" with your child's name and advisory. Cash/Venmo @IS75PTA are also great ways to donate! Just remember to include your child's info and "Auction Donation" when submitting.
**Service Credit Opportunity** $10+ monetary/gift card = 2 service credits
We ask that all monetary & gift card donations be handed in by Friday, March 31st.
We thank you in advance for your support and hope to see you at the auction on April 20th!!
6th & 7th Graders who would like to purchase a 2022-2023 Yearbook
Follow this link:http://www.yearbooksspm.com/IS75FrankD/home3/Bookstore.jsp
There is no need for 8th graders to purchase a yearbook as it is included in Senior Dues.
THE PAULO PAGES- IS75'S DIGITAL NEWSPAPER
Mr. Ferraro, Ms. Henrich and our students have been hard at work writing articles and reviews, while also adding original stories and sports updates.
Click here for access to our newest issue!
Follow this link to find all issues of the Paulo pages The Paulo Pages.
Join the 2nd Annual Heart of Humble Heroes Hundred-Day Challenge
The 2nd annual Heart of Humble Heroes Hundred-Day Challenge is coming to a close!! The dates for the Challenge are 11/19 - 2/27, with final submissions due 3/10.
The Humble Heroes of FDNY and I.S.75 would like to show appreciation for students who volunteer and make an impact in their community. Heart of Humble Heroes was created to celebrate young volunteers.
Panthers! You have 100 days (about 16 left) to make a difference! After the 100 days, you will submit a final reflection of your experience which will be reviewed by members of the Board of Humble Heroes (excluding Ms. LaRocca). The Committee will choose one winner from each grade who made the greatest impact in his/her community. Each winner will win a scholarship prize. All participants will receive 2 service credits.
CHAMPS: everyone can join
In the CHAMPS Sports and Fitness Program, students participate in fun, safe, and supervised physical activities before school. The name CHAMPS stands for Cooperative, Healthy, Active, Motivated and Positive Students.
This session of CHAMPS ended Feb. 1st, but will begin again on March 6th. Any questions email FSciarabba@schools.nyc.gov
8th Grade News and Dates
- Tuesday January 31st - Senior Dues were due ($195 pay here)
- Wednesday, February 15th - Baby Pictures due for yearbook
- Wednesday February 15th- Yearbook Ads Due
- Wednesday June 7th - The 8th Grade Banquet at the Hilton on Staten Island.
- Thursday June 22, 2023 - 10 am Graduation at CSI
8th Grade Senior Dues $195
Senior dues were accepted through the end of January.
If you have any questions concerning the dues or activities planned, please reach out to our senior events coordinators via email, Ms. LaRocca (email@example.com) or Ms. Boshnack (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Saturday Free Family Painting Sessions
This Family Engagement grant, sponsored by The Department of Education’s Office of Arts & Special Projects, will allow us to offer a series of four separate sessions between November and March (each session is made up of three-parts – three Saturdays), and will meet from 10 am-12 noon.
You can choose from the session dates that appear below (indicate first and second choice):
Session IV – March 4, 11, and 18
Culminating Year-End Share-Out Celebration = March 25
Google Form Link https://forms.gle/gHQRAED6wkdYKoQTA
For questions, contact Mrs. Mary Tomes at email@example.com.
Saturday Virtual Math Tutoring
Classes will meet weekly on Saturday morning from 9 AM to 10:30 AM starting October 8th.
Classes will take place remotely though the "Saturday Math Tutoring Google Classroom".
To attend, register your student at IS75.org under the payment & Registration tab. Registration is free and guarantees your child an invite into the google classroom.
See the full details on the IS75 Website.
Paulo Student-Family Handbook
School Spirit 2022-23
Here at Paulo, we understand the importance of cultivating a sense of student pride and ownership across our hallways and classrooms. We believe that this sense of warmth and optimism allows our students to feel valued and welcomed each and every day and makes Paulo a place where all students can flourish. To this end, we enlist your support in ensuring your child participates in our various Paulo Pride days.
March 17 – Wear Green for St. Patrick’s Day
April 5- Basketball Jersey Day
April 28 – Light it Up Blue for Autism
May 4- Star Wars Day
May 25 - Mental Health Awareness, Wear Green
May 26 – Superhero Day
June 20 - High School T-Shirt Day
USEFUL LINKS: SELF-HELP
- Health and Safety in Our Schools COVID-19 School Health Policy.
- IS75 Website https://www.is75.org/
- NYC Schools Account Portal NYC Schools Account (NYCSA)
- School Food Forms https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application
- Student Account information schools.nyc.gov/studentaccounts
- Student-Family Handbook Click here
- Student transportation https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/transportation/transportation-overview/whats-ne
- Vaccine portal Vaccine.schools.nyc
- Chancellor’s Citywide Behavioral Expectations to Support Student Learning Discipline Code (https://www.schools.nyc.gov/DCode)
- A family welcome letter from the Chancellor is available on the Messages for Families page (including translations)
- What's happening in NYC Public Schools https://www.schools.nyc.gov/about-us/messages-for-families
Dates to Remember
- Mon. March 6th - Candid Photo Day
- Fri. March 10th - Family Ice Skating Day 3:15 - 5:15
- March 13 - 17th - School Spirit Week
- Tues. March 14th - SLT Meeting 2:30 PM
- Tues. March 14th & Weds. March 15th - Spring Musical 6 PM
- Thurs. March 16th - Half Day for students Parent Teacher Conferences 12:20-2:20; 4:30 - 7:30
- Fri. March 17th- Spirit Day - Wear green for St. Patrick's Day
- Tues. March 21st - PTA Meeting
- Week of March 20th - Quarterly Exams
- Fri. March 24th - Student Faculty Basketball Game
- Thurs. March 30th - Parent Meeting for Boston Trip
- Fri. March 31st - End of 3rd marking period
NO HABLA INGLÉS?
Puede traducir este boletín a otro idioma. Haga clic en el boletín y haga clic en el botón de traducción que se parece a la imagen aquí.
لا تتكلم الانجليزية
يمكنك ترجمة هذه النشرة الإخبارية إلى لغة أخرى. انقر على النشرة الإخبارية وانقر على زر الترجمة الذي يشبه الصورة هنا.
НЕ ГОВОРЯТ ПО-АНГЛИЙСКИ?
Вы можете перевести этот информационный бюллетень на другой язык. Нажмите на информационный бюллетень и нажмите кнопку перевода, которая выглядит как изображение здесь.