Crimson Point Elementary School
Things to Know for 2021-2022
Welcome Back Wildcat Community!
I hope you have all enjoyed your summer and are excited to start another great school year. As I continue to reflect on our previous school year, some things continue to be brought to the forefront of my mind: We have amazing educators and staff that want to see children succeed, our students are resilient, and we have a wonderful community. Last school year we successfully took on the challenge of providing in-person learning through a pandemic, and we made up for the learning gaps that all of our students experienced from the previous spring when school abruptly ended.
I know that this year will bring its own set of challenges, but I want to remind you that we are here to do whatever it takes to provide the best education possible for all of our students. We have learned that we must remain flexible, and be willing to change our procedures to meet the most up-to-date policies and expectations.
I’m especially excited to say with the current policy in place we are allowed to have you back into the building as volunteers. Please just make sure you have filled the volunteer application first. This policy may change if we enter the red category for community spread of COVID-19.
I look forward to partnering with you in the upcoming school year and am excited to see all our Crimson Point students next week! If you ever need anything, please feel free to set up an appointment and speak with me. I can’t wait to get out front to greet all of our students as they return to school!
Crimson Point Elementary
Meet our new Building Administer
My name is Kaleigh Pond, and I am so excited to be the Building Administrator for the CP Wildcats! I have been in the Kuna School District in various capacities for over 5 years, most recently as a 6th grade teacher at Fremont Middle School. This summer, after receiving my MA of Educational Leadership from BSU (go Broncos), I was fortunate enough to be offered the BA position split between Crimson Point & Silver Trail, and I cannot wait for all of the amazing opportunities that are in store for the entire Crimson Point community. Outside of school, I love being a wife and mom to a little girl (and two pups), and spending time in the sun either golfing or going on the boat with friends and family. I have a passion for people, and can't wait to be a part of this community. Go Wildcats!!
Tuesday, Aug. 24th, 4-6pm
1941 North Shayla Avenue
- Meet your teacher
- Visit the school
- Drop off Supplies
- Complete Registration Paperwork
- Join PTA!
What will my child's day consist of:
- School hours: 8:50 a.m. - 3:35 p.m.
- Students can arrive at 8:30 a.m.
Instructional minutes/ Breakdown of students' day:
(order varies by grade/ class)
- Morning meeting: 20 min
- Reading/Foundational Skills ( 60 min.)
- Writing (25-30 min.)
- Reading Differentiation (30 min.)
- Math (60 min.)
- Math Differentiation (30 min.)
- Science/ Social Studies: (30 min.)
- K-2 Extra Recess (15 min.)
- Specials (30min.) Library, Music and P.E. twice a week!
- NEW - Keyboarding for 3rd-5th grade weekly!
- Lunch/ Recess (35 min.). 15 min lunch/ 20 min. recess (Students will always have more than 15 minutes to eat if needed)
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
To ensure safety, here is a BRIEF overview of our COVID-19 safety measures:
- Masks are recommended but not required for staff, students, and visitors as of August 16, 2021
- Sanitization stations will be placed throughout the building
- The building and classrooms will be consistently sanitized throughout the day and after school.
Detailed guidance will be shared out in the near future from the district communications department.
Crimson Point Pick-up and Drop- Off's
Supervision will not be outside until 8:30 a.m. Please do not drop off before 8:30 a.m.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Friday, August 20: Elementary students can see teacher names in Tyler SIS
- Tuesday, August 24: Open House from 4:00 - 6:00
- Thursday, August 26: First Day of School
- Wednesday, September 1: Reminder that every Wednesday is early release at 1:35
- Monday, September 6: No School - Labor Day